Secondary AIR Injection

PHRANQUY

Registered
Ok, I know you 2nd gen owners should know what I'm talking about....the little bracket and hoses/solenoid in front of the crank pulley. If I remove that, what kind of problems can I expect? Can that be adjusted for in a dyno tune? Chris Johnson from SCT will be back up here at the end of the month to tune my car and I figure if I'm gonna be removing the bracket to do my pulleys, why put it back if I don't have to?

RE: Secondary AIR Injection

You can remove it no problem. I just removed it this weekend, to make room for other stuff. Leave the pump plugged in for now, so you don't get any CEL errors. Later, they can delete it in the tune.
Cap off the fittings on exhaust manifolds and remove the vacuum line, but leave the solenoid plugged in. Just trace the lines, you'll see what I mean. Extra weight if you ask me ...

If you lose that and EGR, you can get rid of a lot of extra vacuum line crap up top.

Like Jeremi said, just make sure to leave the pump plugged in until you get it tuned, or you'll get a CE light. I had it cut off at the hose that comes out of the pump and the whining of the pump was annoying when i started the car without the chip, but it was better than having to look at the check engine light the whole time.

I need to come see how you're doing on that gen 2 jeremi.

We are planning on heading to the track in early May... i forget the exact date though. Assuming it's a Saturday at Ubly again.

Thanks guys. I know what I'll be doing soon then. Dunno if I'll get to the EGR or not before the tune, but I'll deffinately have them turn it off!

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
I need to come see how you're doing on that gen 2 jeremi.We are planning on heading to the track in early May... i forget the exact date though. Assuming it's a Saturday at Ubly again.
[/div]

Nothing to see ... yet.

I'll be at Lidio's end of April, looking for 400 rwhp.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Thanks guys. I know what I'll be doing soon then. Dunno if I'll get to the EGR or not before the tune, but I'll deffinately have them turn it off!
[/div]

Let me know when you plan on doing this Frank. We can do this on my car too.

Maybe this weekend? EIther that or I might do it the day (April 29)before the tune. I guess it all depends on the weather and when Dubbsy/Melon leave.

The only vacuum line that you need is the one on the passenger side, along with the vacuum tank, and check valve. That is what opperates the a/c controls. I took all the other stuff out.

Back