Got my Vette back, Dyno number inside

steve

With "LOD" Since 1997
Got my Vette back today after having heads, cam and dyno tune performed. I am happy with every thing right now except the start up idle. When I first start it up it will stall every time I start it unless I give it a bit of gas. When the idle comes down immediately after I start it is when it bogs down and stales, I think it is choking and needs more air. I was expecting some loopyness but I did not go with a huge cam but it is not a small one as well (226/230 585/585 114), I know people who are a bit smaller and get smother idle. I was not looking for peak numbers but for good torque curve across the entire RPM range. When passing on the highway it really moves now, cruising is fine and it is very civilized, even the idle in gear (I have an auto) at a stop light is fine. I left the tuner a message about the idle and they will tweak until it is right.

I will probably go to the track next week, my best time with the pervious dyno numbers was 12.746 @ 108.98. I would like to see if an increase of 83 HP and 57 ft-lb to the rear wheels can get me under 12 sec but that will be hard with the OEM run flat tires.

dyno.jpg

Looks like you upped the rev limiter as well. Mine only goes to 6k ;).

420rwhp that is very very nice. Let me know if the gas mileage will take a hit. Any video/sound clips?

I just got back from the tuner, the idle is good now, no more staling and it is smoother. I took a video clip I will post later today. I am looking for where to buy methanol for my friend, he has his Vette s/c and just had a meth kit put in.

Hard to tell what this sounds like... the camera makes it sound a bit raspy...?!

400+hp all motor is crazzyyyy!

Hard to tell what this sounds like... the camera makes it sound a bit raspy...?!

400+hp all motor is crazzyyyy!

Thanks everyone

Max there are guys that put down over 500 hp on a n/a LS1. 500 at the crank is the safe limit to push the bottom end to, and I am just about there. Mine is an auto so I have more losses. There is a guy that went to the same tuner and got their 450 heads and cam package, also has things like intake, long tubes etc. He got a bigger cam then me and he has a 6 speed, he put down 466 RWHP/413 Torque.

The sound is like that, it is much louder in person. I have the Corsa Pace Car mufflers, I got them because they don’t have drone and I like the exotic sound. They are the mufflers they put on the Vette pace cars and have an Indy car sound to them.

Back