Drivetrain Specs

deadbugdug

Registered
Man, it's good to be back....

My '95 LSC Project car is sitting in my garage as I patiently wait for my body & paint guy to get his shop in order. In the mean time, I'm researching driveline stuff to upgrade horsepower. Unfortunately, either I'm too stupid to use the internet or this site correctly, or some of the info really is hidden.

I've done some research, so please don't do to me what a firearm web site forum moderator did to me and accuse me of being lazy in my internet browsing for info.

It makes no sense to swap engine parts with aftermarket parts that are the same or less quality, or would in fact hurt performance. So what are the stock specs on the engine, tranny, and rear axle gears?

As I said, some of this I already know, such as 24 lb fuel injectors on the MK8 motor, and my '95 LSC has 3.27 rear gears (different than a non-LSC Mk8). But what about the stock camshafts? What's the stock lift & duration? Same as a DOHC-equipped Mustang? What's the compression ratio? What CFM does the throttle body and MAF sensor flow?

So my question is, would it be valuable to the members of this wonderful web site to build a "specifications" page, that would break all kinds of specs down by year and give us info on what exactly we have in our cars?

For instance, I wanted to know what the tranny gear ratios are. I guess it would be the "wide" ratio found in the 4R70W (W for "wide"), but the web sites I found that actually mention Mark VIII's weren't clear on which transmission (AOD-E or 4R70W) is found in which year Mark. A specs page would clear these particulars up, and be very helpful on choosing what to change and what to leave alone, depending on what you want to do with your car.

So how about it? Is there an interest out there for a specifications page, or would that be more gee-whiz waste of internet space? And is there anyone who would volunteer to buld such a page?

Thanks for any input on this. I'm looking forward to the responses.

--DA

Thanks, Bill!!! This is a wonderful start. The chart never turned up on any of my internet searches, so I'm grateful! I'll still have to research some of the other greeblies, but I'm glad somebody went this far.....

Will the moderators consider adding this link to the LOD site somewhere? I'm sure I'm not the only one happy to have this info.

Thanks again!!!!

--DA

Bill, go ahead and make a post and turn it into a sticky if you want until the web pages are updated.

Back