Some people!!

chadly

Registered
Let me tell you about the kind of people on this board. I just signed up a couple days ago, and already got a PM from someone who doesnt even know me. I never met this man, he has never met me, he dont know me from Adam. Yet he went out of his way to thank me for being a Marine and sent me a gift. It may not be a big deal to you or him, but it means the world to me. It makes what we do for a living worth while. The months at a time with out seeing your family, missing the birth of your daughter, saying goodbye to your son when he is 3 weeks old and hoping you dont die so you get to teach him how to throw a ball, everything we do is worth it because of people like him. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Charlie (roadboss). I will remember this for the rest of my life, and it will be one of the stories I tell my grandchildren.

good story, its nice to know there are still some honest and appreciative people out there. i appreciate everything all our service men and women are doing out there for us. being this close to christmas makes it even harder for all of them, but they do it for us. welcome to the board !!

Good story and thanks for serving
patriot.gif

Heartwarming story. Makes me proud just to be part of the group of special people we have around here. :)

Thanks for all the sacrifices you and your family endure for the rest of us.

Chad...great story bud.

FWIW, I not only appreciate you for your choice in life as a US MARINE, but I also admire you for who you are "out of uniform". You are a stand-up guy, a nice guy, a terrific person to know, and that alone is worth mentioning. Put the title US MARINE on you, and you get amplified, in my book.

The Marine Corps is lucky to have a guy like you.
We, as civilians are lucky to have a guy like you on our side
I am lucky to know you.

I wish we could all send you gifts...but since that doesnt happen, hopefully the gift of THANKS is enough at times.

You know where you stand in my book pal. I am proud to say I know you, I've met you, I've worked on your car,...and YOU actually thanked ME...that...is the kind of thing I will be telling MY grandchildren about.

I'd like to thank you too Chad, in person.

I've met Charlie, and a lot of other people here, and they are all great people.

Hopefully, we can all meet up someday, at Carlisle, the Michigan meet, or any other meet, before you move out west.:)

This makes me wish I wasn't getting banned for what I just posted which Trixie apparently hasn't found yet. Very nice story, thanks for serving.

Rest assured that many appreciate your service to your country. It takes a special kind of person to have the dedication and bravery to serve ;)

Back