Ride Height Sensors

BlackMark8

Registered
I adjusted my rear ride height sensor since my airbags seemed to be dropping to the floor to frequently, (Do to a leaky bag). So i got o adjust the sensor and i see two bowls on a sliding bracket and they seemed to be as "tall" as possible, which it didn not seem to be that high, so i removed the top bolt and slid it down a little more and just re-tightend the lower bolt, when i first went to start the car it said check air ride system. I was like wtf?? (since the rear bags were all the way down) i reached my arm up there and messed with the sensor and boom it came on, wander why it did that? But now the back is up sooo tall, and i love the look and the ride - but now, oddly , the fronts are dropping down! Ive never had problem with height on the front bags but now i almost think i hear one leaking, and now the fronts are all the way down if i leave the car off - any suggestions?

If you go to the top of the page here you will find a "FAQ" button. Go to the page for "sensor lowering", and you will learn that to lower the front you shorten the distance between the balls (which is what you did). Then, you do just the opposite for the rear - shorten the distance to raise the rear. Then you need to learn how to diagnose the leak at American Ais Suspensions.

Back