78 Continental Question

Hotrod

Registered
Last night at work i was looking through one of those trader papers and found a 78 Lincoln Continental "Diamond Jubilee" for sale for $2,999 does anybody know anything about these cars?? I'm considering going to look at it but I don't know anything about them and want to make sure that I check all the major problem areas... Also, is this a good price? in the picture, (the side that is showing) looks to be in good shape with little or no rust...any help on this is greatly appreciated :)

Josh

98 Saturn SL2 Gold/Tan w/53,000 miles
88 Ford F150 Black/gray w/73,000 miles

RE: 78 Continental Question

I have seen a well maintained original for sale last year at Spring Carlisle with all the accessories. It is a rare and extemely luxuriously equipped car. It even came standard with an umbrella in its own special compartment.

The price you quote sounds like a bargian for a car of this type if it is in good condition.

Details on this car can be found at http://automotivemileposts.com/mark51978diamondjubilee.html .

Alexander
President
Lincolns of Distinction

Josh,

I scanned a page out of Old Car Trader and sent it to you. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll try again. Hope it helps you out.

After the Mark VIII, the Mark V is my favorite! I've been watching them sell on the auction site for a while now, and $3k doesn't sound like a bad deal for one in nice shape.

Does it have the 460ci engine or the 400ci? I don't know if that Jubilee Edition came with just one engine option, but I know a normal Mark V came standard with the 400 and the 460 was optional.

From what I've seen, watch for rust around the edge of the vinyl top.

[font color = blue]Tony - St. Louis, MO[/font]
1998 LSC - Toreador Red/Light Graphite
1987 Mustang GT - Oxford White hatchback

Thanks for all the info! I haven't been able to go see this car yet (and it looks like I'm not going to get to :() I still live with my parents and they are moving to Kokomo and since I don't have a place of my own yet I'm moving with them and I won't be able to have more than 1 car there...:( They're making me sell my junky old truck!! x( oh well..it's probably for the best, i can get my car paid off quicker and get my own place sooner...on that note..anyone want to buy a truck?? :p I'll post in the 4 sale section for all those that are interested...

Josh

98 Saturn SL2 Gold/Tan w/53,000 miles
88 Ford F150 Black/gray w/73,000 miles

Back