check engine

stevebpuffin

Registered
so these past few weeks have been a pain in my @$$. my check engine light keeps coming on. first it was the o2's then i replaced one set at a time until my light went off. next it was the iac, code was p1506 overspeed iac. so i replaced the unit. week later i get the ce again. hey whadaya know its p1506. has anyone had this problem... i cant seem to fix this.

If you haven't already, the first (easiest?) thing I would try, would be to disconnect the battery for a bit, then see if it comes back when you reconnect it and drive it.

Did you clear the codes when you replaced the IAC?

i tried the battery a couple times... it would reset then a few days later i would get it again. but this was being done while the o2's were bad aswell. i just had a buddy turn the ce off with his diagnostics machine, but i have a feeling its going to turn on again. he and i were thinking this all might be related to the bad o2's, but after they were replaced the code still shows up..... he said i should see my buddys at lincoln mercury and have them reflash my comp for maybe a updated program. i was wondering wether anyone else had encountered this.....

Back