tasca super mark

lschotrod2312

Registered
did tasca make any supercharged mark viii's that were gen 2? im about 10 mins from the tasca dealership in providence and i was thinking about stopping by to ask some questions about the factory marks they made.. i want to eventually get a sc but keep a stock look.

to my knowledge they only made one mark VIII. maybe im wrong but i think they only made one 96 white, its on youtube.

did tasca make any supercharged mark viii's that were gen 2? im about 10 mins from the tasca dealership in providence and i was thinking about stopping by to ask some questions about the factory marks they made.. i want to eventually get a sc but keep a stock look.

there a dealership?

Gene Angelino a former/present member here, bought the Taska Mark at auction about 5 years ago. CLICK HERE to go to a thread with a bunch of links to photo's of the Taska Mark.

Very cool car although I don't believe tasca actually built it. They did own it and eventually sell it to Geno. They also have another mark I saw there at a car show this summer. I think it was owned by bob tascas son. It had some exotic 5 valve heads on it, it looked absolutely brand new, looked to be a 94. I might have a few pics, I'll have to go back and look.

There is another complete engine and intake mock up sitting in the lobby of the Romeo engine plant. The work for the fuel/air supply circuitry was done in Detroit. Tasca has had a long rich history with Ford Motor. I remember them from the early 60's when they were very active on the East Coast campaigning Thunderbolts and Heavies, as a matter of fact one of my school buds bought new a heavy from them whilst I went and bought a new Brainbo OLds 442 in 66. They both were cars of the day.

Their real claim to fame was when they took the 67 Mustang GT 390 and dropped in their specially built 428. They then convinced Ford to build it and that's where the 68 Mustang CJ came from with the new 428 CJ.

Their real claim to fame was when they took the 67 Mustang GT 390 and dropped in their specially built 428. They then convinced Ford to build it and that's where the 68 Mustang CJ came from with the new 428 CJ.

Yup the good ole Tasca Super Stock Racers!
They converted a handful of them as well.. one of them made it here to south texas, Wickersham Ford Car driven by a friend of mine Clester Andrews.

That 68 SCJ is a super rare car, especially the "notch back" version.
Most were fastbacks.

Here is an article talking about some Boss 429 Tasca cars as well.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/5154_69_tasca_super_boss_429/index.html

Here is an page that shows "Clester Andrews" Tasca car AND his SOHC 67 Bardahl car. (bout halfway down the page)
1967 Ford Mustang by Holman-Moody | Powered by a 427 cubic inch SOHC Ford with direct drive
1965 Ford Mustang by an Unknown chassis builder | Powered by a 427 cubic inch Ford with direct drive

http://www.digitalwebzone.com/draglist/search.php?search=Search&VIEW=Extended&JUSTIMGS=1&page=13

"The original eleven AF/X Mustangs went to the following drivers: Len Richter, Gas Ronda, Hubert Platt, Les Richey, Bill Lawton, Jerry Harvey, Paul Norris, Dick Brannon, Phil Bonner, Al Joniec, and Tom Grove. A Mustang was also delivered to Clester Andrews out of Wickersham Ford. Andrew's Mustang was fitted with the 427 hi-riser wedge engine because the factory had run out of enough parts for the SOHC engines."

http://www.funfordevents.com/index.php?src=news&prid=67&category=Rules

Back