what is a good slip time for a stock 94 mark

Kracker

Registered
I ran the mark for the first time to get a baseline. I went to an 1/8 mile. i am loking for input to see if i ran good time for stock. only mod it the silencer and snorkle remove no k&n. i called jeff (sierra3) the next day he said that they were pretty good. he said he was in the 10 when he first ran his mark. i clould never beat him with my monte carlo so a traded up and went mark

60ft - 2.3264
330 ft 6.5535
1/8 - 9.9585
mph 72.46

Last edited:
upgrades

upgrades

i am going to be buying a trak lock and 4.10 gears as well as a chip if any one has these parts let me now just message me or respond to the thread
thanks kracker

You also need a driveshaft if you're going with 4.10s.

I can tell you that through the 1/4 a good time is around 15.1-14.9. @95 stock.

An amazing time is 14.6@97 stock.

drive shaft

drive shaft

Jeff Sierra3 said i can get buy with out it for a little while if i can deal with the vibration i only drive 2 miles to work he said he didn't change his for a while will the 93 one piece drive shaft work ot do i need ti get the dyno max? thanks for the time input i wish i had ran a 1/4 instead of an 1/8 any mor imput would be very helpful for i am the newbie but proud to be one

Some 93 shafts work... others don't... hit or miss. If you don't drive over 60mph you won't notice it I guess...

You need a transmission cooler as well since this will drag your temperatures up.

I'd have to dig through some slips to find em.... (1/8 mile times)

I remember the Monte....

I remember the Monte....

Jeff Sierra3 said i can get buy with out it for a little while if i can deal with the vibration i only drive 2 miles to work he said he didn't change his for a while will the 93 one piece drive shaft work ot do i need ti get the dyno max? thanks for the time input i wish i had ran a 1/4 instead of an 1/8 any mor imput would be very helpful for i am the newbie but proud to be one

haha i remember the great white ghost. I always said if you put 3:73's in that car you would of smoked me everytime. It had a punched out 350 4BBL circle track motor in there built for high RPM. All you needed was to loose the stock gears and one legger differential and put a higher stall in it and you would of killed me every time for the cubic inches alone. And the stock gears never let it get up into the power band of that radical camshaft from the get go. Glad to hear your nice times on the Mark. Get us a pic or two up. I still havent seen the pics of it yet.
I would get a one piece driveshaft from the 93's for cheap, and use the money on the rear pumkin/gear setup and posi, and SCT chip first. We got the OBD 1 so its gonna have to be a chip burned and reburned when you get more mods. Ill have to check my old portable hardrive for the site i back in the day they were selling turnkey pumpkins and had the gears preshimmed, and auburn diff already set to bolt in. One out, and one in. I'll have to find that vendor and i'll call you.

Last edited:
I ran the mark for the first time to get a baseline. I went to an 1/8 mile. i am loking for input to see if i ran good time for stock. only mod it the silencer and snorkle remove no k&n. i called jeff (sierra3) the next day he said that they were pretty good. he said he was in the 10 when he first ran his mark. i clould never beat him with my monte carlo so a traded up and went mark

60ft - 2.3264
330 ft 6.5535
1/8 - 9.9585
mph 72.46

based on thousands of passes at the track, I have come up with an 1/8th mile to 1/4 mile conversion by dividing the 1/4 mile et by the 1/8th mile et..from all those passes, when I do the math the conversion ratio comes out to 1.53 or 1.54

Using that conversion ratio multiplying your 9.95 X 1.54=15.32
Using the 1.53 ratio multiplying your 9.95 X 1.53=15.22

Those are fairly aligned with "advertised" stock Mark 8 numbers.

I can see .2-.3 improvement can be had in the 60' which is where you really want to concentrate on improvments because any "time" you pick up on the 60' multiplies as you go down the track.. meaning if you can turn that 2.32 60 foot into a 2.20 60' your going to pick up more than .12 on the big end, .12 in the 60 could easily be .2-.3 in the full run.

Work on your launch, get your 60's down in the 2.2 range or LOWER and your ET will FALL LIKE A ROCK.

the first 60 feet is FAR more important than the last 1/8th mile, Far more gains to be had in the first 60' than from the 1/8th mile to the 1/4.

9.90's for a baseline is a very good starting point!

Keep us posted!

My 96 BASE model ran a 15.1 First pass, and my 97 LSC ran a 15.3 - It all depends on the track conditions too, I ran a 15.1 at 80+ degrees with %100 humidity. Im sure I can break a 14.6 - 14.9 in 50 Degree weather.

Back