what do you guys think?

jamies98lsc

Registered
i'm interested in this car, but not so sure on the color, i feel its a woman's color. i would obviously repaint it, but the same color , if i bought it, because it does need some attention, few dents, some chips and stuff, but i totally hate saddle interior's. but, i can live with it, but i think this color, with a nice 2 1/2 inch cowel hood, my lowered coil spring kit, and some 18's and jet black florida tinted windows, i think it could look pretty mean, girly color or not, i'd like one a color i never had, and this is one, i think its rosemist. it only has 85k on it and the price sure aint bad. what are your opinions on it, overall its pretty damn clean.

EDIT: its berry red, 95 only

http://www.kc2sho.com/images/95MarkVIII/

Last edited:
Rose mist is more pink than this. I just hate that interior though. You dont happen to have a black interior to swap into it do you?

you know what i do have that would be sick, but so much work, i have an ebony carpet from a 97 mint, matching dash from the 97 mint, matching door panels and console and back seat, i just dont have fronts, omg the temptation is killing me, but i'd have to be out of my damn mind to attempt the dash swap.

I thought the dash swap was not too hard? Two people, lots of beer and EVERYTHING else removed first :D

I know the rest of the interior comes out fast, under an hour. I thought the dash was modular. Disconnect the right points and it pretty much comes out as a unit? no? If anyone knows, you would I guess!

At 85k why is the alt replaced? The wires? Coil packs? Seems odd to me I guess. Also for 85k that is one DIRTY engine!

dude miles means nothing, age is the factor, my buddy has a 93 with 43k on it and i had to put a complete front end in it, all the ball joints were junk, the end links, strut rod bushings, its age. and changing the dash wouldnt be hard, re-routing all the wires would be, plus a 1st gen column wont bolt to the 2nd gen dash, so i would have to put a tilt, telescop column in it, then get that wired and working right, plus the stereo wiring would be for a single din, but you cant plug that harness into the double din stereo's, its just a ton of work, i'd be better off finding a black 1st gen dash and console, then using the 2nd gen door panels i have. i dont know, i'd tint the windows to 5% so i couldnt see the saddle from the outside, then just drive it at night so i couldnt see the interior lol.

I don't like the exterior nor the interior. Saddle is nasty for sure. Only reason I got rid of that Baltic Blue 96 LSC.

Maybe if you sprayed it darker shade of that color, it wouldn't scream chick car ;)

I like the berry red exterior, but I have to agree that the interior is kind of vomit-inducing. lol

I saw that one advertised. Thought it was a little ratty though.

I agree with you on the miles vs. age thing. Even with the low miles ours has (now @ 26k), when I put the wheels on "correctly" I noticed that the upper ball joints were looking a bit rough. Got a slight squeek depending on temperature also. It's on the to do list...

I was considering looking at this one since it's in my neck of the woods:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...213730522QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260213730522

Pretty much decided, I want to get all the little issues with the one we have perfected before adding another one...;) Unless the "right" deal came around! :D

At 85k why is the alt replaced? The wires? Coil packs? Seems odd to me I guess. Also for 85k that is one DIRTY engine!

My alternator failed at 80k on my mark... the one on my cougar failed at 103k.

That color is ugly... don't you have other things to do with your time besides spending 30-40 hours on this mark to make it right?

Just find one you want.. or if this one is that much cheaper than the one you want it may be worth it....

The thing is you go through cars way too quickly after dumping a ton of time into them so think about it wisely before you pull the trigger... and yes that color is FUG.

my wife keeps saying just take my mark and buy me a little 4 door car. i dont know im thinking twice about this berry red car. saddle makes me want to scalp myself and lay in the desert and bleed to death.

And you don't like the exterior color either...

Remember you were looking for a 4 door already... I bet you're going to get into a crunch when the wife complains about the 2 doors again.

Just keep the 93 and get a 4 door.

We used to order color combinations like that just to see who would buy them.;)

I would have bought the Tasca SuperMark when it was available back in the day if it didn't have that puke powder blue interior. $10,000 deduction just for the interior.

Why put yourself thru that misery unless it was going to be strictly a parts car.

yeah martin blue and blue yuck???
and as far as my wife goes, if its my money being spent, this time she'll get what i give her, she has no control over the outcome of this deal, this time i want a mark that i want and im not gonna settle on the first one, if my 93 didnt have mocha interior, i would do that, take it and buy her another car, but i hate tan guts. i was the one that wanted to get her a 4 door last time, this time, she said she should get one, she doesnt like her 93 anyway, she misses her blue one and said the green one just isnt the same, even though its her fav color combo, she doesnt like it. i dont know, maybe i should just not buy a second car. who knows!

yeah martin blue and blue yuck???

Lol. Well, i guess it aint all that bad... This is my second blue/blue car - i had a blue/blue Nissan a few years back... ironically it was called a Bluebird! Lol. Personally, i like the black/graphite, black/black and gray/black Mark VIII color combos. :)

Back