mustang headers to fit on 96 lsc ??

Biggermens

Registered
Hello
I got a 1996 Mark VIII LSC and i am looking for a set of headers
for it
can i get a set of mustang headers for it ??
i know i might have to mod them a bit to fit right
if yes what year and make of mustang headers would fit ???

THanks

i was told by another memebr here that the 04 cobra stock manifolds will fit on our cars there alot better flowing then the stockers and are good for up to 600 hp and you will only be spending about 50 bucks for them.

cool thanks
i will look in to that try and find some good used ones someware
or i will get some half decent after market ones

I'm not sure off the top of my head if they will bolt on the B heads, but keep in mind you will have to modify the steering input shaft with two universal joints regardless. The exhaust will be in the way otherwise.

No you will not need to modify anything, they are made specifically for mark viii's. They are pricey but they work. Give Bill a call at SCP, he's a great guy to do business with. You know that you really need to lower the subframe to put headers in right?

I wonder with the headers from supercoupeperformance.com if i will have to modify anyting ???

You may need to modify the steering joint. Some do not have to, but on my '93, there was no way it was going to work without modifying the steering shaft/joint for clearance.

Damn, yea I forgot you will need a flaming river steering joint. It's a piece of cake to do compared to headers, will cost about $80 if I'm remembering correctly.

And if you do happen to go with Cobra manifolds instead (which are fine, headers are like racing stickers) then you will need to mod the shaft just a bit also with a Flaming River joint. Very easy to do indeed.

Oh My its starting to sound like a lot of work hehe
would anyone have that part number for that Flaming River joint ???

Thanks

It's a flaming river 36 spline & 3/4 DD u-joint PN FLA-FR1715DD at summit racing.com. You will also need a length of 3/4 DD bar to cut a short section to make it mate with the steering shaft from the steering wheel.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...ults=false&y=0&N=700+115&Ntt=FLA-FR1715DD&x=0

u-joint with DD adapter

500067_131_full.jpg

Flaming River vs Stock
500067_132_full.jpg

500067_134_full.jpg

My stock one was splitting
500067_135_full.jpg

i was told by another memebr here that the 04 cobra stock manifolds will fit on our cars there alot better flowing then the stockers and are good for up to 600 hp and you will only be spending about 50 bucks for them.

after reading this i have looked around a couple of times now and havent found one set of stock cobra manifolds..... maybe someone else could assist me here?

You may need to modify the steering joint. Some do not have to, but on my '93, there was no way it was going to work without modifying the steering shaft/joint for clearance.

Aren't all 93-98 mark VIIIs using the same design steering shaft ? If yes,than why some of them would need to modify the steering shaft to clear Kooks headers.I know they worked fine without any modification to steering shaft on my brother's 98.

Back