Engine problem, please help!!!!

TDNFGF

Registered
Need help, anybody. Mark is ill. The engine is missing. I changed all spark plugs and boots and as I doing that I found out that #8 plug is totally wet, not as all other. No deposit of any kind, just klean and wet. Cyl # 8 doesn’t work!!!
And I don’t have any codes. ESL is not on. I have scanner, so I looked for any stored codes: nada, non. After I change the plugs, it was OK for 10-15 miles (I took it today to drive to a work) and then start acting againg. Enging is missing and there is a pause of some sort between the moment I press the gas pedal and the time engine response.
Also I was trying another coilpack (my brother took it from his Mark) and it didn’t cure the problem. What should I look at…

1998 Mark VIII lsc 186000 trouble free miles. (Well, now I have the one)

Thanks,
Gene

:(

RE: Engine problem, please help!!!!

How are the connecters (wires)? They don't last forever and probably haven't been changed. If that doesn't fix it it's a mechanical problem like broken lash adjuster or valve guide.

RE: Engine problem, please help!!!!

Gene - with 180+ K on your engine new COP boots are a must! They notoriously cause misfires when old and heat cycled many hundreds of times. Autozone has the boots for about $5 ea

As far as water in the back plug hole - its draining from your cowl. When you pull the COP cover to change the boots, you can inspect the COP cover seal - and possibly RTV to keep the water out in the furure.

Back