now im having over heating problems~~~!!!!~~~

jamen89

Registered
ok soooo i fixed the fuel pump n shes been runing good until to night......she over heated bad!!!!!so i started trying to figure out why shes over heating on me.well fan runass and is fine all hoses are good...so i think hmmmmm what a bout thermometer......so the cars hot as a frying pan so i figure if i turn on the heat it should be hot as ever.....so i did....cold as ice...so im thinking it the theremometer i hope.i really hope its not the water pump hell me guys please...

p.s.sry if i posted in the wrong place

RE: now im having over heating problems~~~!!!!~~~

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
ok soooo i fixed the fuel pump n shes been runing good until to night......she over heated bad!!!!!so i started trying to figure out why shes over heating on me.well fan runass and is fine all hoses are good...so i think hmmmmm what a bout thermometer......so the cars hot as a frying pan so i figure if i turn on the heat it should be hot as ever.....so i did....cold as ice...so im thinking it the theremometer i hope.i really hope its not the water pump hell me guys please... p.s.sry if i posted in the wrong place
[/div]

First, I'll have what your having...

Second, your description does indicate a bad thermostat. It's easy to replace and not expensive.

I don't know what kind of car you have but if it's a Mark VIII this post should probably be in the Mark VIII Drivetrain section.

If it's a different car it should be put in the section for that car.

If it's a Mark VIII, did you fill the coolant at the crossover pipe according to the directions under the hood? Air in the coolant system can cause the problems you describe too.

Not sure about the other Lincolns.

If you do find that the water pump is bad it only takes a few mins to change. All you need is a 10MM wernch, a serp belt tool or a 1/2 inch braker bar, and a 13MM (i think) deep socket and ratchet and about 30-45 mins of work thats it easy!!

I hope you didn't get it too hot. :eek:

Back