just got back from the track

7 sek mark

Registered
im thinking about trying the bracket class this weekend the car ran 9.42 twice back to back and a 9.46 on the 3rd run. now to the on the bottle runs my first pass was a 8.9 and the 2nd bottle run was 9.0. thats hitting the button right after the launch and letting off right before it shifts and getting back on it after the shift. so i think i might try the street bracket class off the bottle just to see how it goes. if i do enter this will be my first time bracket racing the car so wish me luck.

current mods:
3200 stall leaving the line at 2500 rpm
j-mod shift kit
MSD coils and wires
autolight 103 plugs gapped at about .038
ghetto cold air intake
and about a 75 shot of nitrous

Not bad... I always run the full 1/4 mile but i cut a 8.96 1/8th at 80.69 mph with 100 shot, but thats the only mod i have, no chip, no exhaust - 150k miles

i would love to run the full 1/4 mile. if i try to race 1/4 mile at this track i end up in a trucking company ware house. hey i see your in orlando maybe ill have to ride out there some time and hit that 1/4 mile track. i have been there a few times to race but never with my car it was always with my buddy in his nhra B/SA 69 camaro or his kids Jr.Dragster

yea man, you should come out, last time i went i saw a mark 8 in traffic, on the way to the track, and he pulled in the track right behind me i was like "yeaahh!" because im usually the only mark8 there, this guy had a 93 with serious mods, like jmod - the cut bumper for the cold air intake, lol , he got 3.73's - true duals no cats msn coils and wires, and he broke out the best of a 14.90 - and could not beat that time, and he had lower miles than me, i run 15.0 like clockwork - on motor only, and thats with no mods and 150k miles... there had to be something wrong with his setup - anyway id really like to have another mark there, **** especially one with nitrous like me ! lol, i just wanna see how you got your setup, and it would be nice to finally meet someone from lod. My name is rick (ricky) hope to hear from ya buddy

Back