New England/NyMetro Super Lake Meet July 26, 2003

IceMans Revenge

Registered
We're holding a HUGE meet on the lake where I grew up in North Branford, CT on July 26, 2003! Everyone is welcome! We can park all the Marks right along this very private lake. There's a volleyball net already set up right on the lake, and I have access to my uncle's grill and tons of coolers. We also have access to a canoe, and if you are so inclined, bring your fishing gear...you can fish right off the side of the lake....:D

North Branford, CT is about 15-20 minutes outside of New Haven towards the shoreline. It is exactly 1 hour 45 minutes - 2 hours from Providence, 2 hours from Boston, and 1 hour 30 minutes from New York City.

We'll also be rolling down to the Dairy Queen where they have many of the local car cruises. We'll park the cars in a semi-circle and waste away in some high calorie ice cream!

All in all this will be a blast! We'll have hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage patties, chicken breasts, and a few special Italian dishes and deserts that I'm sure to talk my Aunts into making for us...:)
We'll provide the soda, but most likely we'll make this a BYOB event...don't be shy Joe, there's tons of cooler space..leave the tub at home...;)

Please post here if you are definately attending. I need a rough head count to tell the lake association, and I'll need to order enough food....:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://pstr-m02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/001/08/B3/A3/C8/NM-FhQeBSH6UcCy5a-mp43aBaeSUjjc+0060.jpg

RE: New England/NyMetro Super Lake Meet July 26, 2003

Any updates on this.
Is it still on ?
It's only 2 weeks away.

I'll be there! Just need some directions or and address

John,
Is this still a go ?
All us city boys are waiting for confimation and directions.
Is there a place where we can do some holeshots so we won't be outdone by Strapp (Steve)?
Matt

Yes it is! Right now it is looking like 4-9pm on the lake, but I will post a definate time and directions on Monday.

The New England/NYMetro Super Lake Meet will be from 4pm-9pm(we can set up tiki torches too, so you are welcome to stay later..I'm sure some of us will want to go OUT after..;) on Saturday July 26, 2003. *Please try not to arrive before 4pm as there will be another party on the lake.

Food: We will be grilling hamburger, hotdogs, sausage patties, and chicken breasts right on the lake. My aunt has donated a tray of sausage and pepper's to our cause..:) Soft drinks and chips will be provided. This is a BYOB event...there will be PLENTY of cooler space. Also, if anyone would like to bring a side dish..please do so. However, this is NOT a requirement...:) If it is a hot dish let me know so I can set up the hot trays.

Parking: You can park your Mark, or other Lincoln vehicle right along the fence facing the lake. If there is no room there please drive a couple houses up to the little red house...#75 Clear Lake Manor Rd. My aunt and uncle have a long driveway, and they said we can fit 6-7 vehicles there if need be.

Directions:
Coming from NYC: Take 95 North to exit 56 Leekes Island Rd. Take a left off the exit and go past Stop and Shop and Friendly's. You will come to a light with the Chowder Pot restaurant directly in front of you. Go straight through that light and follow the road to a your first stop sign(you will not be able to go any further) and take a right onto 139. Follow 139 about a half mile or so until you come to a light(you will not be able to go any further), you will see a Dairy Queen and McDonalds on your left, and take a right onto rt. 80. Follow route 80 for about 2-3 miles. You will pass a Cumberland Farms on your left. Continuse straight until you see a Subway on your right, and a True Value Hardware on your left. Take your first right immediately after these landmarks onto Clear Lake Rd(if you see the sign for Guilford you have gone past the turn). Follow up the hill and at the fork bare right. The roads become very narrow so please drive slowly. Follow till your first hard right and turn onto Clear Lake Manor Rd. The Lake is right there on the left.

Coming from Providence/R.I.: Take 95 South to exit 56 Leekes Island Rd. At the light take a left. Follow down to your first light- There will be a Mobil station on your left and Stop and Shop on your right. Take a right there and follow the NYC directions from that point.

Coming from Boston/Eastern Mass: Take 90 West to 84 West. Follow 84 West to 91 South. Take 91 South all the way into New Haven and follow the signs for 95 North. Continue with the NYC directions.

Coming from western or northern New York state: Take 84 East to 691 East(one of the Cheshire exits past Waterbury). Follow 691 East to 91 South. Take 91 South all the way into New Haven and follow the signs for 95 North. Continue with the NYC directions.

Any questions at all please call my cell phone at: 203-675-2618. I will keep my phone on and charged the day of the meet in case anyone has any problems.

PS- Please no glass beer bottles at the lake. If you choose to bring beer, please bring cans. Glass liqueor bottles or wine bottles are fine.
PSS- Please drive slow and cautiously around the lake. The roads are NARROW and there are small children and animals. Aboslutely NO burn outs near the lake...all the way down Clear Lake Rd. If you must indulge please wait till you get out to route 80...then the sky's the limit..:)
PSSS- If you don't like squiters...bring some off. I'm going to set up some citrinella candles as well.

All in all this is going to be a BIGGER event than I had initially expected. Here's who is definately coming so far...including their significant others, girlfriends, friends, whoever might happen to be in the car with them, and whoever they might happen to pick up along the way:

Myself
Joe
Frank
Jason
Marcus
Jerry
Leo
Matt
Pete
Ray
Dave
John C.

If you don't see your name here and you are definately coming post up!
Still trying to gauge how much food! :0

http://pstr-m04.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/00F/77/6F/83/F4/9Sn82i9PWCTETkC2kGH2qDJpd15qmYJa0060.jpg

Yo Yo Yo!!!

I will be there after work at around 7:00pm!

John, let me know with what you need help...I am here!!!
How about coffee somewhen soon again??? Miss our Mini-Meets ;-)

Marcus.

Marcus,

Yes I know!!! Me too! I was actually thinking about that...I have Tuesday and Wednesday off...so I'm game! I also owe you money!! LOL I need to give you another check this week..and your camera back!!

I took the camera up to the Mass meet with me...unfortunately I stupidly forgot to charge it...no pics..:(

I also need your help with a few things on the car. I want to get the vinyl epoxied and the strips taped before the lake meet...hopefully...and I was hoping you can lend me a hand with figuring out my HID moisture problem...=0

Oh and we have to SEAL THE SLUT!! LMAO Give me a call!

Oh and you don't have to show up with a thing...but if you must..a desert or side dish would be great!

http://pstr-m04.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/00F/77/6F/83/F4/9Sn82i9PWCTETkC2kGH2qDJpd15qmYJa0060.jpg

Hey is there a # everyone can call in case they get lost or something. I think it would be a good idea "just in case" becuase most arn't familiar with the area =)

Leo,
Dave,
Pete,
Martin,
What time you guys plan on leaving ?
It would be nice if we all drove up together.(hopefully not get lost together )

Matt

Is there anything that I should bring? Some soda, chips? anything at all just let me know!

Dave ,Leo (if you go)
What time do you plan on leaving ??

I'll be fishing on LI in the am hours,
should be back about 1-2, try to leave about 3
I'll give you a call Matt

Back