Ford centennial celebration pics!

RE: Ford centennial celebration pics!

Very nice, thanks for the pics! Wish I could have made it.

My dream car:
http://mark8.org/users/sleeper/ford100/images/DSC04366.jpg

[font color = blue]Tony - St. Louis, MO[/font]
1998 LSC - Toreador Red/Light Graphite
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 - Scarlet Red coupe
[FONT COLOR=RED]>*> [link:www.markviii.org/~tonymueller|Tony's Internet Garage] <*<[/FONT]

I'm just curious, who here has seen a real one of these before?:

http://mark8.org/users/sleeper/ford100/images/DSC04353.jpg
http://mark8.org/users/sleeper/ford100/images/DSC04350.jpg
http://mark8.org/users/sleeper/ford100/images/DSC04346.jpg

It's a Cobra Daytona coupe, one of 6 built. It is probably worth well over a million dollars. [link:www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=3406&page_number=1|Here's an article about one that sold for $4 million, in much, much worse condition.]

Yep I Was there to represent. I enjoyed the event. Lots of great cars and people. Can't begin to tell you how many compliments I recieved on my car. Lots of people don't know much about these cars or what they can do. I will post some of my over 200 pics later. Sorry I missed you Dave, but I was probably wandering around. I also went off site to the Museum and Village on Sat.

It's a Cobra Daytona coupe, one of 6 built. It is probably worth well over a million dollars. [link:www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=3406&page_number=1|Here's an article about one that sold for $4 million, in much, much worse condition.]

Is there a follow up to that story? That one left me hanging!

[font color = blue]Tony - St. Louis, MO[/font]
1998 LSC - Toreador Red/Light Graphite
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 - Scarlet Red coupe
[FONT COLOR=RED]>*> [link:www.markviii.org/~tonymueller|Tony's Internet Garage] <*<[/FONT]

Well I bet that guy with the Daytona is never more than 10 feet away from that car. Can't believe he doesn't have ropes around it or something.

BTW, today I saw a blown Viper GTS. Sounded like a centrifugal charger.

License Plate: VET EATR

'93 MonsterMark Project Car
Bryan

I was in the display, too. Saturday, I was parked right next to Brett (LOD member from Canada). On Sunday, Brad and I found Bill by his car, and talked for a while. It was nice to see other LODers there. What day(s) were you there, Dave? I didn't know if you were going for sure.

I took 6 rolls of (24) film, and about 175 digital pictures! I need to read the instructions on posting pictures again!

It was by far the coolest event I've ever been a part of. We are major Ford Nuts, and it was an honor to be included! Brad raced the Lightning at Waterford all day Saturday, and met Boris Said (and got a picture with him). The cruise, reserved space, and dinner at the Ford-Wyoming drive-in theater following the racing events that night were beyond cool. Saturday we toured the SVT facility, Brad won 1st in Class (SVT's 10th Anniversary member's judged mini-meet) - really cool! Sunday we toured the Roush facility and roamed the display cars.

Driving around Detroit was NUTS; I was happy to return to my 15 minute drive to work (20 minutes in "bad" traffic)! Everything about the event couldn't have been better, though.

Well I bet that guy with the Daytona is never more than 10 feet away from that car. Can't believe he doesn't have ropes around it or something.

I'm pretty sure that Shelby American owns that car. It was with their display, and yes, there were ropes around it. In the picture you can see the awning it was under and the rope around the border. The daytona was in the middle, away from any hands reaching over the rope. But i asked the guys sitting there if i could come over and get some pictures from the back, and they reluctantly allowed me to (reluctantly only because they had to get up so i could get the pic i wanted). I'm surprised by how few people actually know what that car is. There was a huge crowd around "Eleanor", the GT500 all whored up for that movie, yet nobody was at the Shelby tent checking out the real million-dollar-plus cars.

Rene, I went down there on Saturday. We didn't get there until the afternoon, we only ended up spending 4 hours there or so. Most of the car displays i just walked past, there were only a few cars that really interested us. The only thing i missed that i wanted to do was take a ride in a Model T, but we weren't about to wait in the line. All in all it was a nice event, but i don't know about $25 to get in.

Dave ,
I've been to a lot of car shows in the past and I didn't know what kind of car that was. Too cool!!!!

oop's
Dave the info on Bigfoot is intresting. When my kid was little bigfoot was his favorite truck. He had one of those battery operated ones that you ride in and my other boy had the yelow one.

Back