Fuel pressure

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
Every once in a while at the track, I'll adjust my fuel pressure to fine-tune the car.

Today I adjusted the fuel pressure up 2 psi and after a handful of runs I decided to bump it up a bit more. When I went to adjust it, I discovered the pressure was higher (4-6 psi) than when I had previously set it! So I left it be.

Hmmm... fuel pump going wacky? Need a new fuel pressure regulator? Funny fuel pressure guage?

Well, last time I tried to help someone out with a fuel pressure question I got my arse chewed.......

what kind of regulator and guage? its VERY doubtfull its the pump, if its flowing enough at 7000rpm, its flowing plenty at <1000rpm

I think it's a Kirban regulator(2 bolt type) with a Summit liquid filled mini fuel pressure guage on the fuel rail.

Kirban unit is a very good regulator. They do go bad after awhile like everything else does, that's why they are rebuildable. I haven't seen anyone offer the rebuild kits though.

yeah, does sould liek the diafram getting weak or sticking. you measureing the pressure with the vac line on the regulator removed, right?

Back