Flasher Location

Kasper

Registered
I need to know the location for the signal light and the hazard flasher module on a 1996. I looked in my car and found it behind the glove box on the left side. I found it by following the noise the thing makes. I can not do this on the other car because they do not work (all the time) I was going to try and locate it today and discovered they worked, but it quit working before I could find it. Keeping in mind that this is Phils car, I guess he could have relocated the thing? If anyone has any clues please advise. I can not get the car inspected when the signals do not work. Thanks for any help.

RE: Flasher Location

Do the hazard flashers work? If they do that should give you a clue where it's at. Hazards are controlled by a different module, but it should still flash through the blinker module too. Give it a spin.

Replace the multifunction switch, otherwise known as the blinker stalk.

If it's the flasher, you don't want to replace the multifunction switch.

I don't know about on the mark, but on my '90 thunderbird it was way up in the drivers footwell.

As far as inspection goes, just move to michigan. The only time my car has ever been inspected is when i was stopped by the cops, and they weren't looking at the blinkers. And i did drive that thunderbird around without turn signals for a long time.

Turn signals are merely a courtesy light. By law they are required to be on the car but not required to be functional. However, you are required to know hand signals and a cop can cite you for failure to signal, either by your flashers or by hand signals. Just .02 worth. I know it doesn't pertain to your situation. ;)

Turn signals are merely a courtesy light. By law they are required to be on the car but not required to be functional. However, you are required to know hand signals and a cop can cite you for failure to signal, either by your flashers or by hand signals. Just .02 worth. I know it doesn't pertain to your situation. ;)

On the hand signals, that's what i used when my turn signals went out on the thunderbird. A problem arises, however, when you want to change lanes to the right. The guy you're getting in front of can't see your hand.

On the turn signals being required, you may be right and you may be wrong on that. One of my friends had non-functioning turn signals on his motorcycle when he went to take his riding test. They said that you're not required to have turn signals installed on the bike, but if they are there, they are required to be functioning. They wouldn't let him use his bike for the test. But they let him take the test on a moped (ie: nearly impossible to fail). Go figure.

Back