i am in the wrong business!

jamies98lsc

Registered
i got off the phone with my brother in law earlier today after he tells me he is on his way to louisianna( spelling lol ). my brother in law is a lineman for north east utilities ( connecticut light and power ) and he made the treck along with 25 other trucks from CT. to LA. in a bucket truck 22 hour drive. not only do they pay for him and all the other guys to sleep in a hotel, pay for all their food, fuel and tolls, but his paychecks will be around the 5 grand mark a week, and they could be there for 3 weeks or more depending on how fast they can restore all the power. i've seen his pay stubs, its no joke, i hate him for it but i will say unlike some high paid people, these guys work in absolute terrible conditions. i have seen jobs they have done from climbing 200 foot towers to being dropped off on high voltage lines by helicopters that they crawl across to running fiberoptic lines in 35 below zero in the manholes in new england. but still, 5 grand a week?????????? i'd be happy with 500 a week lol, where did i go wrong, man o man!

Probably a union job and the union says in cases like this, they are paid 24/7 until they return.

Good job, very dangerous too.

my brother in law works for bonniville power admin. he gets paid well also, but after hearing of some of his close calls he EARNS every cent!!!!(I would go for it myself given the chance!)

I think there is actually good money in what you do but perhaps you need to do more than just Mark VIII's. The import scene is HUGE........................

Nurses get paid 60-70 an hour out here... a really close friend of mine is pulling in 150k+ a year...
Some jobs pay a lot more than you may think. She has a second gig where she earns 700-1000 a day watching over the elderly at night.... it is mind boggeling.

Yup. My wife is an RN and the amount she earns (especially compared to nurses in Europe) boggles my mind! Now im looking to go back to school to learn radiology - that seems to pay well too.

Being a line man sounds interesting, danger aspect aside.

Nurses get paid 60-70 an hour out here... a really close friend of mine is pulling in 150k+ a year...
Some jobs pay a lot more than you may think. She has a second gig where she earns 700-1000 a day watching over the elderly at night.... it is mind boggeling.

Must be a lot of overtime or THIS is incorrect.

Back