Everybody post up what kind of lights they have mounted

RE: Everybody post up what kind of lights they have mou

I'm working right now on fitting Audi TT projectors along with fog lights into my HID housings. Call me crazy, but OEM HIDs still suck compared to new technologies ..

Yea, your crazy but how much were those lights? That's a lot of freaking lights.

PIAA driving lights.

Hellas.

Should work well, just not mounted yet.

Cheap.... $100 for a set of headlights from a TT.
Add two donor headlights from a 1st Gen (lens sanded smooth on both sides == clear lenses)
I will keep the HIDs as spares anything should happen ...

Tell me what your doing with these two housings. Are you using the lenses from a gen 1 on a seperate rear housing (or just the bulbs)?

I'd like to just sand the inside of the lenses of my gen1 so that they are clear.

I wouldn't mind talking with you in depth about this. Could you try and give me some instructions here so I can do the same thing. Even with only sylvannia's I'm betting on a vast improvement if the inside lenses are sanded also.

Once and for all, it's not the lens, it's the reflector that gives you horrible output. Without changing that you'll get nowhere.
Yes, these are the TT projectors. The whole housing will have to be cut up, since these are about 2 -1/4 (lens size), but the reflector is a bit bigger and won't fit. I'll cut the top and bottom of the lamp, and using fiberglass I will change the shape of the housing. There is enough rooom in the core support. I'm just waiting for the donor headlights to arrive, and the project will start. These projectors are magnificient. The cut-off is very sharp, plus the foreground lighting is actually there, when compared to lousy oem HIDs.

So we're in agreement that taking the headlight apart without replacing the backside with another HL housing with the lens intact is folly.

(is the lens replaceable as a direct swap with any other lens w/ better quality )

Darn... looks like driving lights for me. Thanks for the imput.

I have an easy solution...........get a Gen 2 and there is no need for grill mounted lights:p Sorry,I know I'm gonna take heat for this one, just couldn't resist. I love both Gen1 and Gen2 cars.

Back