greetings from NJ

zsvdkhnorc

Registered
I am the proud owner of a 1974 Continental 4-door with 55,000 miles. I'm planning on restoring the car over a period of years. That is, once I'm out from under the paperwork for titling it without papers.

My fiancee owns a 1997 Mark VIII which I found and walked her through buying. It's got the (rather rare) canvass roof from the factory.

Thank you all so much for your friendly welcome

hello from new jersey as well

what part?

Rahway, but we can't win them all.

Welcome From Jersey. Elizabeth here. I've got almost the identical car but mine is a 98'.

Did they put the canvas on the LSCs? If they did, that'd have to be one of the rarest sets of options.

I never really noticed how many Mark VIIIs there were on the road until my fiancee bought one. Now I can't leave my street without seeing at least one.

Photos!

Photos!

The '74, in all its terrifying glory.
DECEMBER2007070.jpg

The Mark VIII, photo ruthlessly schnorped from the cardomain of the guy we bought it from. In other words, it's not for sale, despite the sign in the window.
markviiiside.jpg

Did they put the canvas on the LSCs? If they did, that'd have to be one of the rarest sets of options.

Welcome to the site. Lincoln did not build the Mark VIII with a canvas or any other material on the roof from the factory. What you have is a aftermarket top. Perhaps from a dealer, or some other company that does that kind of work did it, but not from the factory. Good luck with it! :)

Sorry to beat a dead thread, but it is my thread.

another welcome from NJ here.
A friend of mine has a 63 here

If you mean Stu, that's my cousin.

Welcome to the site. Lincoln did not build the Mark VIII with a canvas or any other material on the roof from the factory. What you have is a aftermarket top. Perhaps from a dealer, or some other company that does that kind of work did it, but not from the factory. Good luck with it! :)

I doubt it's aftermarket. Under the canvas is fiberglass. Under the fiberglass is unpainted metal. Why would the aftermarket people strip the paint? It's factory.

Back