blend door actuator

spedos

Registered
Any one in or near wisconsin interested in doing a blend door repair the local dealership wants $900.00. I am somewhat mechanically inclined but i dont think thats a job for me. I could pay around $500 if someone is close and interested.

I'm about an hour and a half away in the NW Chicago burbs and could drive up there if you're still looking. I'm free this weekend as long as there isn't a blizzard. I've done the swap about four times on various peoples' cars so I'm familiar with it. It's maybe an hour and a half job or less. Do you have a garage so we can do it inside? That's all I'm concerned about.

At most all I'd ask for is maybe a lunch. Send me a PM if you want to arrange it.

Mine might have given out too, not sure yet, haven't checked why no hot air and if it's only hot or not. However, no garage space at the moment.

Ok i changed the blend door actuator today and still no heat i can reach under the glove box and feel the blend door move back and forth as i change the temp but im getting no heat still blowing cold.

Are you SURE that your rad is FULL. Must fill thru the crossover tube on front of engine. Do not look in the overflow tank.

In the weather you've been having??? No, I'll bet you didn't!! Reove that cap with a BFW and see if it shows full there. Be sure it's cool when you do it.

I will check it tomorrow it was to dark when i looked earlier if it is low do i add coolant with the car running or with the car off.

I checked the coolant a little low about half a container of coolant filled it but still no heat. If i turn the temp to 60 it gets colder turn it to 90 it changes temp just not warm.

Maybe your heater core is clogged; make sure coolant is flowing through it. Also did you check to make sure your thermostat is not stuck open?

I checked the coolant a little low about half a container of coolant filled it but still no heat. If i turn the temp to 60 it gets colder turn it to 90 it changes temp just not warm.

I had the car running and i could see the coolant flowing thru the fill plug not sure how to check a stuck thermostat.

As a lot of air can get into the system, drive it and recheck the fluid level again....I had to do this maybe 2-3 times before I got mine FULL.

my coolant level is good just not getting warm air should i replace the thermostat just in case also i bought the car i florida do you think the previous owner may have had a higher or cooler temp thermostat.

Back