What's the average waiting time on a tune?

AssFoe

Registered
Hi, everyone! Sorry I haven't been on much. School is a real pain sometimes. But hey, things are finally slowing down!

Anyway, I'll have the money for a tune very soon and I'm looking into the Xcalibrator3. I'll be garaging the Saturn for a while and using the Mark VIII in the spring, so I'm hoping to place my order in time for my tuning to arrive right when I put my Lincoln back on the road.

If it makes anything easier, my car is a virtually stock setup with a few mods:
- K&N 7" Air filter
- Steeda Pulley Kit
- 2.5" Cat-back exhaust with X-pipe and flowmasters
- Traction-Lok LSD (gear ratio is still the same, just the diff.)

Special options I'm looking for is the performance transmission tune and turning off traction control permanently.

Can Lonnie or anyone else give me an estimate on how long it would take? Let's assume shipping will take about a week, 'cause I'm in NY.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

P.S. - I have the LSD and pulley kit in my possession, but don't have a facility to put them in just yet. I was hoping to put them in as soon as I get back to school with the Lincoln in the spring, but it's a 260mi hike and I was hoping to test the tuning out before then. :cool: Can I plug the tuning in without them in just yet? I don't suspect that it would have any effect outside of the higher idle for the pulley kit, but I wanted to make sure before doing anything. Otherwise, I'll just wait until I get back up there.

Thanks again!
-L

hey Lucas... long time no hear! i think you'd be better off just giving Lonnie a call and speaking to him directly. You'll have your info and questions answered pretty much right away. He may also give you suggestions for your particular needs.

Hopefully we'll see you guys at the shows this summer.

Hey L,

Well it looks like it takes almost 10 days just for me to reply to your post. That's not good, even when I've been on here several times answering PMs I still missed this.

It normally takes about a week to get out a programmer when things are moving along. When I get backed up about 15 days so I normally tell everyone 15 days at least and when they get it earlier it's all the better. This is posted in the FAQs on my site also.

The bolt ons that you mentioned are pretty common for these vehicles and you will notice a difference with the pulleys. As for the programming, yes you can run the program without the pulleys being installed. The device will allow you to adjust your idle yourself with the On Device Adjustments. So could either set it up for the pulleys or you can make the adjustment. Or just contact me after you install them and I can help you out.

But Leo is right in that it's always easier to call me. But if you don't get me please leave a message. Most people don't, I don't know why. I return all my phone messages. 317 718-7231

Back