Spring is in the air!!!

mrrobertstv

Registered
I think it is time for a run!! The wine run! let hit up a few of the Winerys in Napa!!! have some lunch and hit the high road we need a massive showout..... We will start with a show and shine in the morning with a cruise to a popular winery(s).... a picnic lunch and then a full blown cruise.... date to be determined......

Stanley E. Roberts
President/Founder
http://www.GoldenGateMark8.com
http://www.We8there.com

RE: Spring is in the air!!!

I can set it up Stanley...let me know. I suggest a starting point at Infineon raceway again, then on to Viansa winery(excellent photo op), then up 121/sonoma, cut across to 29, hit a few wineries in Napa/Rutherford/Yountville/St. Helena...then back across calistoga road, down Arnold drive, back to 37/121.

no one needs to "sip", but just visiting the scenery, buying some Pinot's and enjoying each other's company.

Angelo's deli near Infineon has the world's best beef jerky, and a deli to die for. Cheap, good grub. or the Oakville grocer in Yountville.

We need to do this before tourist season kicks off.

I also suggest if we want to see the Rutherford estate, we need to make resv to get in...the place is awesome!

let me know...I AM the designated driver...I love wine and a good robusto, but I prefer to drive!!! Both cars will come this time, since we both have new wheels to show off!

I might be able to talk Todd into coming. I am sure his wife would love to come too...

[a
Club 16 President/Founder
94 Black/Black M8
97 Toreador red/Lt. graphite LSC M8
V.P. GGM8​

Looks like Todd will be able to join us, but i think May 28th is a good day. it is the one year anniversary of the "Chad Anderson Annual JMOD/Cruise" from last year.

5/14 weekend is out, and June 4th weekend is after memorial day(which, BTW is the official start of tourist season).

5/28 work for everyone?

There is another thread on "the other board"...keep an eye on both for updates(heads up folks)

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

Cool...I spoke to Todd...May 28th works for him as well.

So, that's
John
Todd
Myself
Brenda
(possibly)Tommy
(Possibly)Joe

Stanley?

I need to know folks, so I can contact the local PD and have the roads closed down for our open speed testing. Nothing like hitting the speed limiter on hwy 29...legally!!!

BTW, John...going to be doing a compressor and spider valve in Todd's car on 5/14 at Tommy's...feel free to stop by!

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

HEY HEY HEY!! What about me??? Actually it is my b day on the 29th... turning 21 !!!! I'll see what i can do. My car really needs a wash.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
I'll see what i can do. My car really needs a wash.
[/div]Think you'll be able to fit one in? That's only about 5 weeks away... :p

John
[link:www.goldengatemark8.com|Golden Gate Mark VIII Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

I haven't been able in the past 3 weeks. So it is going to be tough. I am at school 5 days a week now... and i work the weekend usually more than 16hrs... So there is also the part where i need some time to relax. So it is tough.

Max, it would be awesome if you could make it. I tell ya what...I can meet up with you early that day, and help you give it a bath.

let me know, ok?

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

Will do. I am actually thinking about showing up on the 14th??!! when Todd is over at your place. I will bring my own tools, since i think it is time for a spark plug swap. 25k miles and 1 year. I am getting a rough idle at cold startups.

Will do. I am actually thinking about showing up on the 14th??!! when Todd is over at your place. I will bring my own tools, since i think it is time for a spark plug swap. 25k miles and 1 year. I am getting a rough idle at cold startups.
[/div]

Git 'er done!

that's fine, Max...eclectic is coming up too(from other board) on the 14th. Hopefully he can join us on the 28th as well.

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

Sounds like a good time. Wine and cars...two of my favorite things. I have family coming to town that weekend otherwise I'd make the trip over from Reno and join in on the fun.

Next time I guess. ;(

MG

Infineon raceway-meet between 9:45am and 10:00am for group photos, and a quick run-down of our itinerary. In a nutshell, I'm open to suggestions. Not one winery of the 9 I called will accept reservations for a tour for a car club(private tour), so we are going to have to improvise.

Bring your suggestions. I dont plan to taste any wine, but I do plan to purchase some depending on where we stop.

So, wash 'em up, air 'em up, gas 'em up, and bring them to Infineon raceway. we will gather at the main enterence, outside the track. Once we are all together, depending on the event they have going that weekend, we may be allowed access to the property for more photos(worked great last time we met there).

If anyone wants to suggest wineries here, it will help us plan the route. I suggest Viansa first(next to Infineon), then Gloria ferrer champagne cellars, north up Arnold drive to Angelo's deli to grab a take-out lunch, then North up Arnold drive into Glen Ellen for a picnic...

BRING YOUR DIGI-CAMS!!! And when you get home...open a site at www.photobucket.com!!!

I want to see lots of pics... LOTS of them. This is one of the most beautiful times of year, and I know Chadly would LOVE to see our cars cruising in his honor!!!

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

Final head count

Final head count

So far, the following are DEFINATE;

Todd and wife,
John
Bruce
"newbie from Concord", Dr. Evil
Myself and Brenda(one car)

who else is a definate yea, or nay?

I will be at the track by 9:30am.

Lets shoot for 9:45-10:15am meet and greet, then pics, and a departure around 11:00am from the track, ok?

PLEASE...so we dont leave anyone behind who might be running late(plus, hate to have anyone not present for pictures)

Post your plan, ok?

YES
or
NO.

Thanks!

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

RE: Final head count

RE: Final head count

It looks like Stanley's definite too.John
[/div]

Haven't heard a peep from him yet...

Oh El Presidente....you "in" or what?
You started the thread, but havent heard much from you either way since April 21st(month+)...and since your car got jacked, I wasnt sure if you were coming or not.

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

Back