1996 Opal Opalescent Mark VIII

RE: 1996 Opal Opalescent Mark VIII

Congrats and great pics! Glad they got home OK, looks like they had a fun trip (with plenty of t-shirts too). :7

YAY!! I am glad they made it safely back home. I loved that car very much and I am really glad it went to a great home :).

It is time to take some pics of two Marks together... And I am also curious to see what my Mark VIII will do in the 1/4 out east.

This whole thing reminds me that I should really change my sig... ;(

JP, be sure to bring them all to Carlisle this year.

But then again, that's more competition in your class :7

Wow!!! How cool of a trip that must have been from sea to shining mountains of WV!!! :) Thats a great present and an even better experience...I would love to take a drive from coast to coast...must be beautiful!

JP...awesome post. That car is a girl magnet(being polite)...Max used to snap all kinds of pics with his GF standing next to that car too!

very good pictures...I am glad your son took the time to stop and snap some photos...

now, back to the car. I knew it would make it there...without a doubt. Max took very VERY good carte of that car. I have worked on it personally, and driven it, and it is one helluva car.

I wish I had been in a position to buy that car, although Max probably wouldnt have sold it to me, knowing he'd see it every time we got together to hang out, and it would have KILLED HIM!

Max...your car's "replacement" is a beautiful ride too, so dont feel too bad. The car will now live a happy life...instead of falling in to the hands of the young punks that seem to be buying them all up around the bay area, and painting them all ghetto and stuff.

well done, the both of you.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
... The car will now live a happy life...instead of falling in to the hands of the young punks that seem to be buying them all up around the bay area, and painting them all ghetto and stuff.[/div]

Although my '93 has morphed somewhat from it's original acquisition, I honestly can't see much change in line for this '96 as it is simply gorgeous as it is! ;)

It WILL eventually see the track and then who knows? }(

Took the '96 to the track today to exorcise any remaining demons. ;)

As it rides on the highway, it ran down the 1/4 mile at an ET of 15.2 with a rookie driver. :)

Sounds about right... the 3 times that I have taken it to the track, I ran a best of 15.08. But that was with the subs and amp out of the car.

JP, you're crazy. What did it trap ?

For a car having all the CA emission crap i say it's not bad.

JP, you're crazy. What did it trap ? [/div]

With today's gas prices, I know I am. :+

It believe it trapped 95+ with Son of Driller driving - his very first run at the track I might add. He kept the slips. I may have created a monster!

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1564.jpg

We're already talking of putting 4.30s with True-Track in the blue car and then transplanting the current 4.10s into the white one. Then the exhaust and a myriad of other upgrades. Sort of like hand-me-downs? :7

Son of Driller ... LMAOOO Too Cool !!!

Did he preregister for Carlisle ?

Trapped at 95!!! I knew you guys were running better gas, I never topped 94mph. NO LICENCE PLATE UP FRONT!!!! Looks way cleaner, let the mods begin }( .

... NO LICENCE PLATE UP FRONT!!!! Looks way cleaner, let the mods begin }( .
[/div]

It needs buffed out up front, behind where the front LP bracket was. I'm looking for some plugs or some other aesthetically sastifactory treatment. After removing the same from my '93, I'm absolutely sold on the look. ;)

Cool, Driller!! Now you have an VIII for each lead foot }(

Back