13th Annual Mid-Maryland Ford Event

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
The 13th Annual Mid-Maryland Ford Event is coming to the Mason Dixon Dragway on Saturday, August 22nd. There will be 31 show classes in the car show and six classes of drag racing. :cool:

The annual Joel Bender Memorial Nationals (Summer Blast 8) will attract many MN12/FN10 owners from miles around to participate in the All-Ford Event at the Hagerstown facilities to be followed by their own annual picnic and car show on Sunday in Martinsburg.

The JBMN SB-8 Event will be held on Saturday August 22nd- Sunday August 23rd, 2009. It will again be held in Martinsburg, WV-Hagerstown, MD. The meet and greet will be held Friday evening at 7PM at my home in Hedgesville, WV. There will a slight change to the itinerary this year with the Drag Racing at Mason Dixon on Saturday, The picnic, Car Show and Awards ceremony on Sunday. This show is held for all 89-97 MN12 platform Thunderbird/Cougars/Supercoupes and FN10 Mark VIII's, or 83-88 Foxbody Thunderbird/Cougars.

The location of the Picnic and Car show has also been changed this year to the Poor House Farm Rotary Club Pavillion, Martinsburg WV. This Pavillion although not quite as nice as last years, is larger and has more room available for parking.

The "Meet and Greet" at my home Friday August 21st starts at around 8PM till ? I've held this the past two years so that folks have a chance to meet, listen to the BS stories , and to just generally have a good time. I'll be taking a head count prior to the weekend to see who will be attending. This is a Bring your own beverage event and we normally pitch in to get pizza's or other such foods and have some snacks available. We'll also plan to have non alcoholic beverages as well for those that choose to abstain.

The cost this year has gone up slightly from previous years but still is reasonable. We are going to once again have the dinner catered. There will be more information provided later on the picnic and food.

The cost for the Member/Car/Show on Sunday will be $20. Plus pay pal fees. Guest with member will be $12 additional. Those coming and not showing will pay the $12 for the picnic dinner. Children 7 years and up will be $5 additional. Children under 7 are free!

The cost for the Drag Day at Mason Dixon will be $35 to run. You must have all safety equipment for your ET and long pants and a sleeved shirt as a minimum is required. Mason Dixon also has its FORD Car show the same time. That is seperate from us but some in the past have chosen to show rather than race and have done well. I don't know this year but in years past they have also allowed the show cars a single pass down the track.

1MTNCAT

More info here. :)

Too early for me to commit, plus the kid is moving the weekend prior to that, but perhaps I can make a little trip to visit you guys and attend. I'll have to see closer to the date.

you mean that move you scheduled during Carlisle didn't work out??

Back