IAC Question no idle stuck open....

djgios97

Registered
Ok so I start my car, no idle. Luckily I have a 2nd gen, so I pull the IAC off and it's stuck open, should that be normal? And how can I clean it? Otherwise, my car will not idle, I can two foot it around town, but NO idle.

RE: IAC Question no idle stuck open....

According to Ford, the IAC is not supposed to be serviced. It should be replaced. You are also not to spray anything into it to loosen it up, but there is nothing that is going to hurt it if you try. It has to loosen up to work. If you want to try, get some brake cleaner and spray. If it loosens up, you are good to go. If not, just buy a new one or get one from your local recycler or junkyard.

My IAC crapped out on me too. My car barely idles, usually hovering around 400 rpms. I tried cleaning it - no luck. A friend has a spare one for me. It's an easy swap (on gen 2's)

Hey bro, sorry I missed your call, I slept till the early morning and forgot to call you back.

Your lucky its very easy on the second gens... My guy Omar at North gate will give you a good discount if you go there.

Back