WTB 94 JBL Amplifier

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
I should have mine not being used in my '93. As far as I know it should be the same. PM/email an offer if interested. :)

RE: WTB 94 JBL Amplifier

I cannot recall if, but somewhere in the back, cob-web filled corners of my memory I slightly recall there being a difference between 93 and 94 JBL amps. I am pretty sure that they changed amps in 95 as well, but I cannot confirm if the 93-94 were the same.

I will say though, without a doubt, that it seems that 93-94 JBL systems sound much better than 95+ systems. I dont know if that is due to amp changes, or head unit, or what. But I do know, all of the 93-94's we've had come and go, and all the 95+'s we've also had come and go, the 93-94's sounded much clearer. They were just simply "better" sounding systems.

Bill, I do not have a JBL amp for a 93-94, but I do have one for a 95....if you email me a picture of the plugs, I can check to see if they are the same.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
The number on my amp is: F3LF-18C807-DA.[/div]

That "F3LF" indicates it is a 1993(F3) Lincoln Mark VIII(L) issued part. I forget what the last "F" means. :)

I'll see if I can look at mine. I need to pull it anyways since to me it's just unneeded weight slowing me down at the track. ;) Is it tough to remove?

Somehow I figured the rear seats had to come out, but I never figured the rear quarter trim panels would have to come too.

I'll see what I can get done. I have an subwoofer amplifier and subwoofer to swap out so maybe I can get to that JBL boat anchor at that time. Meanwhile, if you find one somewhere, don't feel you need to wait on me. ;)

Maybe I'll get lucky and find the build sheet hidden while I'm at it. ::roll::

Let me know if you ever remove the amp.
[/div]

Will do. :)

I was able to pivot the amp tray down from inside the trunk without removing the rear shelf....granted, top access would be easier, but if you're struggling to get the inner 1/4 panle trim off, consider doing the trunk crawl....once the rear-ward bolts are released, the whole tray swings down, and you can release the tabs that hold it on, remove the amp, and replace it. Of course, this was on our 97 LSC...I dont know if the 94 is different.

I was able to pivot the amp tray down from inside the trunk without removing the rear shelf....granted, top access would be easier, but if you're struggling to get the inner 1/4 panle trim off, consider doing the trunk crawl....once the rear-ward bolts are released, the whole tray swings down, and you can release the tabs that hold it on, remove the amp, and replace it. Of course, this was on our 97 LSC...I dont know if the 94 is different.
[/div]

Thanks Craig, I'll be sure to look into that option since I'll be doing the trunk crawl(lol) to swap out the subwoofer amp. ;)

I have one out of my 93 I will sell. I can send Pic tonight
Keith
93 BLACK
93 MAROON
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.

I have one out of my 93 I will sell. I can send Pic tonight Keith 93 BLACK 93 MAROONOnly use the brakes to stop and get gas.
[/div]

turns out, my buddy Tommy needs one for his 93....or so we think(speakers crack/pop as you increase/decrease volume)

PM sent

Back