Where to locate the exhaust Bulletts??!!

98MK8

Registered
Hello. I went to the exhaust shop today, a guy that has done my exhaust on every vehicle i own with pipes on. Well, I got the magnaflow X-Pipe resonator combo in one, and 2 bulletts off of summit, dynomax. I went to the exhaust shop today, and he put it up on the lift and we took a look at it, and seems like only the resonator will fit in place of the 3rd cat, and not enough room for the bullets after that, i mean there is room but the brace that crosses over the stock exhaust might be in the way and cause a rattle, especially with 2.5" pipes. What should i do here? He told me he could just remove the factory muffs and put the bullets in the rear, in place of the old muffs. What would be the downside (if any) of putting the bullets in place of the mufflers, instead of having them towards the middle right after the X-pipe/resonator combo? What would be the benefits (if any)? Will there be more drone if the bullets are places in the rear vs the middle? Is there a solution to the brace crossing the stock exhaust and fitment of the bullets? Any advice/comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated!! I'd like to get some input before 11am tomorrow morning because that's when my exhaust appointment is, lol. Thanks very much for any input!!

He told me he could just remove the factory muffs and put the bullets in the rear, in place of the old muffs.

With the resonator in place of the 3rd cat the bullets should be fine in the rear. I know a couple who have done so but have not personnally heard the result.

Well, i got my magnaflow X-pipe/resonator in one, installed in place of my PLUGGED up 3rd cat, and went 2.5" all the way from right in front of the X-pipe/resonator all the way back, and put the 16" dynomax bullets in the stock location and then the stock tips right after and I LOVE IT!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! No resonance, no drone, just a nice, DEEP, finely tuned sounding exhaust, it reminds me so much of a ferrari or porsche or something like that, it sounds amazing, i love it. Not an annoying tuned sound, not too loud, but like a perfectly tuned sound, just real nice, deep, sweet sounding and when your standing behind it and rev it up gives a slight little pop just a little one and sounds cool as heck. I'm real happy with it, could be a tish louder but i'm sure the bullets will need to be broke in a little bit yet. I love it!! Thanks for everyone's tips, suggestions, and help, it's appreciated!!

...and I LOVE IT!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! ... it sounds amazing, i love it. ... perfectly tuned sound, just real nice, deep, sweet sounding ...sounds cool as heck. I'm real happy ... I love it!!

Sounds like a happy Mark VIII owner! :big-grin:

Back