Idle air control valve

RE: Idle air control valve

What is involved in pulling that? I had to order the throttle body gasket today, No one stocks it locally.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
What is involved in pulling that? I had to order the throttle body gasket today, No one stocks it locally.
[/div]

From the manual...

Throttle Body

Removal

1. Remove air cleaner outlet tube (9B659) and engine intake air resonator (9F763) as outlined in «Section 03-12».

2. Disconnect fuel charging wiring (9D930) from throttle position sensor (TP sensor) (9B989) at connector.

3. Disconnect accelerator cable (9A758) at the throttle lever.

4. Remove crankcase ventilation tube (6758) from throttle body vacuum port.

5. Remove four throttle body retaining bolts.

6. Carefully separate throttle body (9E926) from upperintake manifold (9424).

7. Remove and discard throttle body gasket between throttle body and upper intake manifold.

Thanks driller you have been a huge help today! I tried taking it loose without taking the throttle body off, but then i figured I would never get the bolts started putting the new one on. Do i need to use any kind of gasket sealer on the new gaskets?

Not necessary to use any sealer, but I do. I like a thin film of a contact cement type sealer such as Permatex "Hylomar" HPF gasket dressing available in a tube or aerosol spray.

In a application with a flat 'paper type' gasket, I like the spray-on sealer. Spray both sides and lay the gasket down on one piece. Then the gasket remains in place while you position and start the bolts in on the other piece.

In an application like a rubber cam-cover gasket, I use the tube type gasket dressing dabbing it on the flange and smearing it in place with a finger before positioning the gasket on the flange. This keeps the gasket in place during positioning and assembly as well as functioning as a sealant.

Again, from the manual...

Installation

1. Note: If scraping is necessary, do not damage gasket surfaces or allow material to drop into manifold.

Clean gasket mating surfaces.

2. Install throttle body, new throttle body gasket and the retaining bolts to the upper intake manifold. Tighten retaining bolts to 8-10 N-m (71-88 lb-in) and then rotate an additional 85-95 degrees.

3. Reinstall crankcase ventilation tube to throttle body vacuum port.

4. Connect fuel charging wiring to throttle position sensor at connector.

5. Connect accelerator cable to the throttle lever.

6. Install engine intake air resonator and air cleaner outlet tube as outlined in «Section 03-12».

Back