yes another post from me

Kiwi843

Registered
this incident almost got my boyfriend killed. he was lucky i couldnt find anything heavy enough nearby to do the job!
about 3 months ago he was backing the car up with the door open, anyone want to guess what happened?
yep a tree got in the way, bent the hinges.
now we have to either slam the door (which i dont like doing due to all the parts in the door) or ride around with the door ajar display on.
now my boyfriend says he can fix it, but i want someone elses opinion on how to do it right without messing something up... not that i dont trust him. ::roll::
ive been printing out the advice from everyone on the other problems we are having and at least hes reading it and learning, he can admit he doesnt know much about mark VIIIs, ("more computer stuff" as he says)
the door isnt badly bent, if you slam it, it shuts right. if you try to shut it normally, well it looks like you didnt shut it all the way.
is there a way we can fix it without damaging something more?
Kiwi

RE: yes another post from me

To be honest it would most likely be best to have the door aligned at a local body shop. :)

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
...."the following is supposed to be funny"....He could just leave door open and drive in other direction using same tree!!Bud Pytko'97 LSC Silver Frost'05 F250 SD CC PSD 4 X 4 AZ Beige'94 Prowler 5th Wheel http://squarebirds.org/images/BudPytko97LSC.jpg
[/div]

that may actually work!
Kiwi

Bwahahaha! I can laugh cause Hubby did that with my old Grand Am. Backed out of the garage with the door open and hit his car with it.

He knew he screwed up cause when he got me a rental car which sucked, he took the rental while I drove his Mustang.

And they talk about women drivers.... ::wtf::

Back