Power antenna

mymark93

Registered
The mast on my antenna is stuck in the up position has been since I bought the car. Does this mean the antenna is toast or is there still hope for it? I was hoping the last person who owned just forgot to plug it back in when they changed out the stereo. Also, for the record, the power antenna is the blue wire in the original Mark VIII wiring harness correct?

Pull back the trunk carpet on passenger side, its right behind where the emergency puller is for the gas cap. Btw, if its plugged in and running, but the aerial isn't moving, then the plastic cord inside the aerial is probably stripped. (happened to mine - i just removed the motor and pull the aerial up and down manually) you can get OE new aerial masts from Max at 5 Star Ford. (heard Ebay ones are crap and don't last)

Last edited:
Have someone turn the key on for you and see if the motor is running. If you can hear it running than you just need to replace the mast. Very easy.

If the motor runs, most likely the plastic cable that pulls it up and down broke. That happened to mine, I got a replacement from antennamastsrus.com for about $15. Works perfect now.

Pull back the trunk carpet on passenger side, its right behind where the emergency puller is for the gas cap. Btw, if its plugged in and running, but the aerial isn't moving, then the plastic cord inside the aerial is probably stripped. (happened to mine - i just removed the motor and pull the aerial up and down manually) you can get OE new aerial masts from Max at 5 Star Ford. (heard Ebay ones are crap and don't last)

my ebay one broke the first time the antenna went back down :(

dont buy the ones on ebay, they are garbage, i too, have installed 3 of them, one broke the first time going down like stated about, the other two lasted about 3 days, all of them had the same problem, the nylon cord is crimped into the tip of the antenna mast, and all 3 times it yanked out of there. total crap. just buy a replacement from max from ford, unless you want to buy 300 off ebay, and change them out everyday.

Mine has been working for over a year. I don't know if it's the same as the "ebay ones". Or maybe I just got lucky.

Back