Help With JBL Radio

93mark8rules

Registered
I havwe a 93 Lincoln Mark VIII with the JBL sound sytem and 10 disc changer it worked fairly well with the exception of a passenger rear speaker that made some noise if listening to a song with alot of bass. Also the stereo light flickered on and off at all times for somereason. Then the other day my dad was driving it and the sound went out completely and he turned it off and on and it came back for a while then it went out again. He also noticed you cant get to the cd player anymore eather one time it said cd error and since then it doesnt do anything when you push the play button. A week later I drove the car and the radio worked fine (but still no cd) for about an hour then it went out again and the sound came on and off whenever it wanted.I also noticed a clicking sound that sounded like it was coming form the glove compartment. Has anyone experianced anything like this before? Does it sound liek a bad radio or just major bad wireing?
Thanks
Anthony

RE: Help With JBL Radio

I had a friend that experienced issues with his JBL system. Since I had upgraded to an aftermarket system, I had a donor 'radio'. He tried it and all was fine again.

Some of your symptoms sound like an issue with the JBL amp. And again, my oem JBL amp became a rescue for someone's problems.

The 10 disc changer can be a problem in it's own and not related at all to your other issues.

I would check the connections at the radio and amp first. Then possibly look for a replacement radio if it still does not work. While entirely possible, I doubt it has any bad wiring if no one has been doing any 'repairs'.

Good luck and let everyone know what you find! :)

I had the radio unplugged over night because I was going to check it for cold solder joints and I plugged it back in this morning everything worked Cd player, amp, everything. So I was listening to a cd then I shut the car off to get gas turned it back on it was now on FM and I could no longer get back to the cd also everyonce in a hwile the sound flickered on and off. Does this help with Diagnosis I am thinking maybe its a bad radio?
Thanks
Anthony

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
I am thinking maybe its a bad radio?
[/div]

I agree. If you need one and can't find a local deal, PM me.

Back