Some frost photos

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
I woke up today to see some beautiful frost outside.

I like to play with my camera to see what I can do with it. It's a little tricky photographing frost, but I think I got a few good shots.

frost1.jpg

frost2.jpg

frost3.jpg

Scott, you are the meanest person in the whole wide world. MMMMMMM Margaritas - the frozen peach kind....

I make a great peach margarita actually. In a blender: Fuzzy navel mix, half-dozen strawberries, 2 cups tequilla, 1 cup triple sec. Blend with ice cubes.
Could substitute ice cubes for Bill's frost I suppose.

Frost?!?

:lolgrin003:

Attachments

• frost01.jpg
    frost01.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
  • frost02.jpg
    frost02.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
Frost?!?

:lolgrin003:

Yeah but that's not really frost JP.:D

I saw all of those photos in an email. The frozen vehicles were great.

You gotta' love winter!

Scott, I'll email some of that frost to you, for your drinks.:)

Our snow is melting. Which is a shame after Hubby and the Kid built this nice fort out in front.

57 Chevy.

Mostly stock. Chrome trim, bumpers, seatblets and power brakes added over the years.

My Grandfather bought it in 58. Used it as a work truck (construction). I bought it from my Grandmother when he passed away in 1980.

One of his last comments was that he wanted the truck to stay in the family, I'll pass it on to one of my kids when I'm done with it.

Hopefully another 50 years.

Last edited:
Our snow is melting. Which is a shame after Hubby and the Kid built this nice fort out in front.

I hope you got photos of the fort, in time.:eek:

I used to make forts all the time. The snow is good packing now.:)

It's melting here too. That's why we got the frost today. I live near the water and it gets very foggy sometimes, and the temp was just cold enough to make frost.

It was over 70 in New Orleans today.

I love it when things work out... like a business trip lining up with Mardi Gras.

Attachments

• IMGP7708-800.jpg
    IMGP7708-800.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thats interesting how that crystalized in all different directions. Normally you would think that it would all hang down due to gravity like icicles. Good shots.
I still havent read the thick manual on my digi Cannon yet. Its supposed to be able to do all the high tech f stops and frame things with white balance. one day ill read it i guess.

Ahh,Fat Tuesday,I just ordered a Kings cake from New Orleans bakery over night UPS.Strawberry creamcheese filling,YUM YUM!!

Back