NT555Rs on a Gen 2??

KStromberg

VIII looking for 8s
I was wondering if I can run 245-50-16 Nitto DRs on my Mark VIII in the rear while retaining stock tire size in the front? I have to start thinking about these things when I pull out of the speed shop in April on Primewell tires. I have a feeling that will get old very quickly LOL.

I was wondering if I can run 245-50-16 Nitto DRs on my Mark VIII in the rear while retaining stock tire size in the front? I have to start thinking about these things when I pull out of the speed shop in April on Primewell tires. I have a feeling that will get old very quickly LOL.

The Nitto 245/50-16 is 811 revs/mile

The stock 225/60-16 tires are 785 revs/mile

You may have problems with the ABS and TC with those differences. Best to keep the F&R revs/mile the same.

The Nitto 245/50-16 is 811 revs/mile

The stock 225/60-16 tires are 785 revs/mile

You may have problems with the ABS and TC with those differences. Best to keep the F&R revs/mile the same.

Ok. So what if I put 245-50-16s all around with the Nittos on the rear. Will that lower aspect ratio mean that I need to sensor-lower the car? I wouldn't need the softer compound tire on the front too, would I?

Ok. So what if I put 245-50-16s all around with the Nittos on the rear. Will that lower aspect ratio mean that I need to sensor-lower the car? I wouldn't need the softer compound tire on the front too, would I?

I don't have any experience with that tire size on the stock rims, you need to check the tire manufacturers specs to see if they'll fit on the stock rims.

Whether or not you sensor lower the car afterwards is an aesthetic question, you'll need to make up your own mind about that.

No, you don't want to run the DR's on the front.

Your speedometer will be off about 3.5%, and you won't be able to do anything about it.

Personally, I think DR's for the street is a mistake, they're horrible in the rain. Just get a good set of summer tires. I run Firestone Wide Ovals, and they're available in the stock size (and on sale @ TireRack). You're not going to have that much horsepower. :wink:

I don't have any experience with that tire size on the stock rims, you need to check the tire manufacturers specs to see if they'll fit on the stock rims.

Whether or not you sensor lower the car afterwards is an aesthetic question, you'll need to make up your own mind about that.

No, you don't want to run the DR's on the front.

Your speedometer will be off about 3.5%, and you won't be able to do anything about it.

Personally, I think DR's for the street is a mistake, they're horrible in the rain. Just get a good set of summer tires. I run Firestone Wide Ovals, and they're available in the stock size (and on sale @ TireRack). You're not going to have that much horsepower. :wink:

I think the Wide Ovals are going to be my choice. That is a great price too! Thanks Douglas. :)

555 dr

555 dr

i had 255/40 on front with 275/40 on rear with no problems with abs or tc, not sure on revs per mile but rear was 3/4 in higher. gen II

Back