Wish I had never bought a Chrysler

Bill Eynon III

Registered
Well long story short, last year my one tire decided to loose a few threads on a valve. The tire held enough air to take it to the dealer to get it fixed aka replaced for $79. Well just this morning the same tire decided to do the very same thing only worse. This time it decided to break off enough threads to completely blow the pressure valve out of the tire completely. Had to abandon my vehicle in my town behind a gas station until Monday when I can get it fixed. Long and short of it is that when my 3 more years of payments are done on this van I am going to purchase another Lincoln Mark VIII no if ands or buts about it. Chrysler minivans seem to have this reoccuring problem from reading some online. You would think that they would come up with a fix. So I do not know if it will cost me another $79 or not. Monday will tell, but just wanted to vent thanks all for reading this.

Yep because I have the tire pressure monitoring system on my 2005. Oh and as of 2008 I believe all cars are required by law to have this system. I know the way Chrysler does it is that in the rim is a sensor that is part of the valve system its self. What a rip off if you ask me. Oh and last year I tried to see if anyone not just the dealer would just install a regular valve on it and the answer is no. Legally if it has the system to begin with they may not replace it with anything other than an oem valve. Oh and also that is with a discount on the part as I used to work for the dealer I believe reg price is around $120 or so.

WTF man...that is lame. I learned that if you go in there kicking and screaming like a little kid, they usually hook you up. :)

Next time it happens have them put a regular valve stem in and then disable the system...

Well they did cut me somewhat of a deal on the valve. $50 but then like labor and tax it came to like $84 all total. Oh and when the valve blew it somehow dislodged some of the belts in the tire too as the tire was all wrinkled on the side wall. Oh I tried the disable the system and put in a regular valve last year at the dealer and at least 2 other tire shops. None will do it as it is fed regulation if you have the system you must always have the system and cannot change it. What a load. So problem fixed after about $173. Three more years of paying this off then it is gone. Back to a Lincoln Mark VIII for me.

Umm... I have had TPMS equipped vehicle for some time. I don't see how a valve stem "destroys" a tire. What kind of tires are you running on the van? And how come do you have a 3 year payment left on a 5 year old car?

I guess it is more because I did not put the spare on right away and let the car sit with a deflated tire over night? Don't know. Oh and how I still have 3 years on a 5 year old car is that Chrysler financial financed me on a 5 year loan 2 years ago. Oh and yes this is really expensive per month too. No wonder I want to get rid of it when I pay it off.

I guess it is more because I did not put the spare on right away and let the car sit with a deflated tire over night? Don't know. Oh and how I still have 3 years on a 5 year old car is that Chrysler financial financed me on a 5 year loan 2 years ago. Oh and yes this is really expensive per month too. No wonder I want to get rid of it when I pay it off.

Don't think you can sell it before you pay it off?

mustang people take the sensors off and put them in a tube that has theaded end caps, one of which has a valve stem in it.

the drop the sensors in the tube, then pressurize the tube

sensors see the pressure and dont light the dash light.

if it were me...I'd put my own regular valve stems in it..and use the pressure tube

And then put the tube in the glove box? Like a pipe bomb? Neat idea but wierd too, haha.

Back