replaced multi function switch, now turn signals do not work?

MaddShadez

Registered
I can't win! I replaced the mutifunction switch yesterday, and now my wipers finally work (thanks frank!) but the turn signals do not, not even one little click. the wiring is all hooked up (there's only two connections) any ideas?

RE: replaced multi function switch, now turn signas do not work?

It may sound wierd, but wiggle the turn signal stalk up/down while vigorously working the hazard button in/out.

Was this a new switch?

I jiggled the heck out of it with no luck. I bought it on ebay from the guy who has a bajillion marks he's parting out. looks like i may have to get a refund.

Do you have the EVTM manual? It has component testing for the multi-function switch.

Why would you buy a used part from E-bay when the Ford price is reasonable and it's guaranteed for one year? For you and everyone else reading this: almost all parts sold across a Ford dealership parts counter are guaranteed for 12 months.

Driller's right; as a matter of fact, my own Mark VIII had stuck 4-way contacts. I kept poking at the 4-way button while moving the stalk to the left and right positions until I got signals.

I still had to replace the switch.

If you want to go through the motions:
Fuse # 10 in the dash fuse box runs signals.
Fuse #11 runs 4-ways.
The flasher is behind/below the glove box, clipped to the cross brace.

Look very carefully at the switch connectors; the pins have a bad habit of backing out. The rectangular (sort of) connector is for wipers. The half moon (sort of) one is for signals. In that one, the W/LB wire is key power for signals, the LG/R is contant power for 4-ways, and LB and R/W wires go to the flasher. Be sure they're seated in the connector properly.

I work with a guy who's an E-bay junkie; he buys all kinds of stuff, including his kids' clothes, from there. He recently bought a pair of cheap work boots on-line and then complained they hurt his feet!

I have no idea why or how, but on the way to work this morning,they suddenly started working. I didn't do anything to them since i jiggled them yesterday, must be a delayed reaction. Thanks for the tips though!

Frank, the local ford shop wanted over $100 for it, ebay was $25 shipped, as i am not rich, i had to try the cheap option first.

Glad to hear they're working DJ! :)

Glad to see everything's working.

Don't take my last post to mean I was getting on your case, but after some of the disasters I've seen, I'm become leery of used electronic components!

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Glad to see everything's working.Don't take my last post to mean I was getting on your case, but after some of the disasters I've seen, I'm become leery of used electronic components!
[/div]

I didn't think it was mean at all i totally understand where you are coming from. I'm just glad that in the end I didn't get burned.

Hey, I just changed my multifuncion switch because the intermittent wipers didn't work when I bought the car. (1993 with 55,000 miles purchased october 2006- love this car) First, don't look back, just go to autozone, part number SW333, mfg is Wells, sku appears to be 25889 10372 7. about 40 bucks. Clearly if they stock it, it is commonly replaced. mine worked fine. Trash the used, get new and see what happens.

Just one question, I have a service manual on CD, could not for the life of me figure out how to remove the ignition lock cylinder to remove both sections of the steering column shroud. Managed to finagle the multifunction switch into postion with just the bottom shroud removed. Any advice on the ignition lock removal? good luck. PS good looking babes

There should be a snall hole under the cylinder. Push a small pointed object into the hole while your ignition is in "Run" position. (Key in ignition) That should release the lock.

Bud Pytko
'97 LSC Silver Frost
'05 F250 SD CC PSD 4 X 4 AZ Beige
'94 Prowler 5th Wheel
http://squarebirds.org/images/BudPytko97LSC.jpg

Back