BadSax Plays NJ

DLF

Registered
So Joe stopped by for a little while yesterday......

Installation of rear LCAs and rebuilt Knuckles (w/new Timken bearings) with Delrin bushings installed went very smoothly, no issues.

Then, I started work on the front, changing the LCAs and strut rod to LCA bushings. :eek:

The pic shows the old bushings, on the GOOD side! :(

I was unable to remove the lower shock to LCA bolts on either side and we had to remove the shock/LCA as an assembly on both sides.

After quite a bit of work, we were able to remove one of the bolts, the other had to be ground, cut, and drilled out. Was unable to remove the 30mm nuts on the forward ends of the strut rods, but those bushings actually looked OK.

Amazingly, considering that the solenoid o-rings were not where they belonged, they had rolled to the bottom during some previous work, Joe said that the bags hadn't leaked. I repositioned and lubricated them, and reinstalled them correctly.

Long damn day!

Attachments

• HPIM1536.jpg
    HPIM1536.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM1537.jpg
    HPIM1537.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM1540.jpg
    HPIM1540.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM1541.jpg
    HPIM1541.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM1543.jpg
    HPIM1543.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1
Holy crap Thats a bushing :eek::eek: ? You say thats off of where !

Whatts up with that gagarge door spring !!

Those were was was left of the RH strut rod to LCA bushings. And, I repeat, THAT was the GOOD side. :eek:

What's wrong with my garage door spring?

That bushing was at least recognizable...
the one on the other side was compressed literally flat...
you could have measured it in sheets of paper... :eek:

Those were was was left of the RH strut rod to LCA bushings. And, I repeat, THAT was the GOOD side. :eek:
Haven't seen them that bad before.... H'mm haven't done my 96 yet..:eek:

What's wrong with my garage door spring?

Who wound that spring.. They normally aren't bentup like that.
I'm an ex door installer.

Back