...her first snow.

Meister

Registered
Well, after 15 years and 121k miles my Mark got to meet snow for the first time this past weekend.

The weekend put 600 miles on her, and she climbed up to 8500 feet.

Took her from the 80 degree Los Angeles weather to the 24 degree weather of Mammoth.

We averaged 20mpg on the way there and 29mph on the way home. (I guess the car could tell when we were climbing the mountain and when we were going down!)

Anyway, I of course had to take a picture of her first time in the snow. I know the original owner, the car has been in Cali its whole life, and this was its first snow day.

Mammoth2010093.jpg

This is in front of 'Convict Lake'...just a few miles south of Mammoth:

Mammoth2010101.jpg

..i know snow is a yearly occurrence for a lot of your Marks, but anyway...just had to share the fun trip. It is great fun to get these cars on the road. She climbed the mountain like a champ.

Last edited:
Looks like a 2011 calendar shot to me.. Beautiful.. the car and the view. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks everybody....it was truly spectacular to be there in person. The wife looked at me a bit weird when I wanted to do a picture with the car, but she put up with it.

Nice pictures, and glad you had a great trip. One question, where does the snow stop and your car begin in that first photo? Looks like every thing is the same color to me.:)

Back