MK8 vs RX8

BadSax

enjoys 3 martini lunches
So I'm sitting here at JP's house on his iPad... (which auto corrects the word "iPad" to correctly capitalize the "p") and I'm thinking that this is a story good enough to share...

Btw, I've been computerless... :(

So...

On my way here I came across some crazy guy in a dark grey Mazda RX8...

Now let me just explain my philosophy on "crazy"...
I love "crazy", I particularly love crazy when it is in conjunction with "speed"...

I love when I can keep crazy in front of me because then everyone's attention (the police) is on crazy, and not me...

So this guy was clearly crazy, and after a few passes of him taking off on me while I was on cruise, I gave him a little fly by with the MK8... Just to make sure that he'd stay crazy... and in front of me...

After many miles of pacing crazy... We wind up next to each other, and I go for it, as it turns out so does he...

I know I was fairly surprised, but I doubt I was half as surprised as he was since we stayed door to door from around 70 to almost 130.

After that I let crazy continue on...

I suppose technically it was a draw, but in my book anytime I can even hang with a car I expect to be significantly faster then me, I call it a win. :D

cool, sounds like fun! I've driven an RX-8 before, did nothing for me. Not a whole lot of power until at least 7k+ rpm and lousy gas mileage considering the displacement of the engine......

Wasn't that at sweet ride! :love-it:
I gone toe-2-toe with a 97 M3...:wink2-green
I quit because my passenger got spooked at 115... :mad-tilt:

We don't ride anymore... And he had the nerve to try and race me...:lolgrin003:

Wasn't that at sweet ride! :love-it:
I gone toe-2-toe with a 97 M3...:wink2-green
I quit because my passenger got spooked at 115... :mad-tilt:

We don't ride anymore... And he had the nerve to try and race me...:lolgrin003:

Well, it's a good thing you have a Gen1 that can break a very high 14 second time just like that M3. If you had a stock Gen2, you would have lost. :p

Last edited:
E36 M3s aren't terribly fast on top-end, but damn can they handle. I would still love to get my dirty paws on an E36 or even a *shriek* E30. :D

Back