My Next Lincoln

I hate the hybrids around here. They have no power up the hills, but they roll downhill well. ;)

I live in and around the city.....No big hills between here and Florida nor here and Albany, NY 47 MPG sounds good for Penny.

I'm gonna be supremely disappointed if you don't get the 600W THX-II sound system, with the twin subwoofers... :D

and 12 other less important speakers... :D

...and the reason for that is????????

Because
1. Its a much more complicated automobile than a gasoline powered counterpart.
2. Unproven technology
3. Dealer Only parts/repairs since no shade-tree mechanic will be able to do much with new tech.

I'd basically own one while its under warranty, outside of that its foolish. Besides if you're doing this for monetary reasons (save gas money) then luxury hybrids are foolish oxymorons.

If you had looked at the link, you'd have found out the MKZ Hybrid is priced the exact same as the non-hy version!

If you had looked at the link, you'd have found out the MKZ Hybrid is priced the exact same as the non-hy version!

Purchase cost <<<<>>>> ownership costs. You mentioned MPG as a factor for considering that car. A ford Fiesta would be a much wiser purchase if you had to get one new.. or a slightly used MKZ non hybrid

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/2045687303.html 2010 for 25k... 10+k buys a LOT of gas...

Last edited:
Very nice car. I recently had a new MKS as a rental car. It had the THX sound system and oh, did it sound good. The V6 is a great engine (BTW, it's governed at 111 MPH) :D

The MKZ is a nice car, but I prefer the MKS. I went over to the Lincoln site, clicked on Build and Price for the most souped-up version of the MKS in the maroon that I want, all the options and toys. When I got to the end and saw the price I laughed so hard for about 5 minutes I thought I would pass out! And I qualify for the A/Z Plan!

Maybe after I hit the lottery!

If you want to be all "eco" go and get an MKS with the ecoboost engine. Then you can be all green and eco and crap without all the smug.

Fusions, er, MKZ's are nice cars, what with the toyota hybrid system and all. And if it's the same up front cost as a non-hybrid, it's probably not a bad buy. But be sure to dump it before the warranty is up - you don't want to know what one of those battery packs costs.

Back