where to run amp wire?

mrmojorisin69

Registered
I want to install one of my amps. in my 93 mark viii, so I would like to know the easiest way to get from my battery to the amp. If anyone has any tips for me that would be great.

Through the driver's side firewall right next to the steering column(i went through the boot, but I'd suggest drilling a hole), and remove the drivers side kick panel and sill plate. Then remove the bottom of the back seat and run the wire through the very bottom corner of the back seat behind the cardboard panel. Took me about 20 minutes.

Looks like he used a long drill bit....worked pretty good.

Here, to help the lazy folks....

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2787.JPG

Nan I triple checked and drilled from the inside out. Just have to be 100 percent on where you come out. Took longer to do that hole. Than the whole install. (not really), but it was the safest place. Without having to remove a bunch of parts. that when i couldn't post my own picks i was tring to figure out why it said it was posted bybigboyboelts. then i remember i just posted a link cause wasn't a paying member yet.

Last edited:
I knew that thread was somewhere, I was looking for it but then got sidetracked

Looks like he used a long drill bit....worked pretty good.

Here, to help the lazy folks....

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2787.JPG
I gotta do that soon, where are you compared to that thing on the right? to the left lower?

edit: forget it I see kracker posted the location

you have to drill from the inside out. the location in the on the firewall is right behind the e brake. to remove the back seat it is the same as all others you push the front in and lift reverse for install

thats how i ran my 4 awg wire in my car. i have my power and remote wire doing under the driver side still plate and my RCA's going down my pass side still plate to help keep the EMI down a little. with my new addition i think im going to run a 0 awg under the car and find a place to come up into the trunk because i dont think i 0 awg ware will fit under the still plate

Back