quarter window trim

I bought a car with it missing, and the window didnt leak. Said the trim was caught and bent up in a car wash. Cost me $25 for a window and $50 to have it installed. The windows are glue ins.

Ford manual for the 98's shows the window is held in place by bolts. I ihave never removed one but I am guessing it is a sub assembly.

The trim is one piece with the window. The window is held to the body with studs and nuts. There is a bead of sealant that goes around the perimeter to help the seal. You cannot remove the trim as it's bonded to the glass. I guess you could use the car wash method mentioned above. I have no personal experience with that though. ;)

The master has spoken.... I was thinking of blacking out the window trim. At least it is removable as a unit. Will just take a lot or tedious masking and sanding.

You are right about the masking. On my 95, all the bright metal is blacked out except the window trim. Now that Mad1stGen chimed in, I do remember that there are bolts holding the window in place.

I have an LSC so the only chrome I have is the window thrim. I want to black out the window trim to give me a little unique look.

Back