Are you a good tipper

redn8

Charter Member
Paid Member
My Son used to work at a rstaurant and they make very little per hour it all comes from tips. If there is nothing wrong with the service I tip 20%.

waitress-1-1024.jpg

Last edited:
I will usually tip about 20% as well if there was nothing wrong with the service. But i don't tip on the tax, i.e. in NJ 7% is taxed in restaurants, i will tip on the amount before tax is added.

Who i don't tip are counter people who put out a tip jar like at a sub shop, coffee shop, convince stores, etc, they are every where. I only tip the car wash guys, they watch you so if you tip they do a better job, lol

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

redn8 said:
Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.

I like that one. Haha!

I tip based on service, screw the "standard" tip plus more. If they suck then they should get a sucky tip. I had a waiter who I had to ask for corona refills every time. I can understand slacking on water, but alcohol is expensive and I'd be forcing it down my customers throat if the wanted more. I had to ask for 3 coronas, she got 4 bucks.

Plant your corn early.:)

Don't fry bacon with your shirt off.:eek:

I tip 20%, the math is easier.:D

My brother used to be a bartender.

Back