Price?

BadSax

enjoys 3 martini lunches
So what do you think it should cost to have both the front and rear bumpers taken off and painted the right way... stripped, etc... whatever they do...

I figure if I'm happy with how the Saxmobile comes back from the body shop, I'll let them spray the MK8, they gave me a quote, but I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say...

Thanks!

I don't think they strip plastic bumpers. Just sand/scuff them up good.

Well I had this done after being rear ended. It was 800 so figure 200-300 less since they replaced the bumper. You can save a bit if you do the removal and installation. It is easy. I would say 800-1000 total if they do everything for both bumpers.

Around here it will cost about $500 a bumper, including removal and re-installation.

Ok, I was quote $300 a bumper, so $600 for both if they didn't require anything weird...

I guess that's not bad then...

The only proper way to paint those covers is to strip them bare. Either chemicals or fine bead blast.
If there are any chips or deep scuffs, they will consider that "weird".

$300 is a scuff and paint type of job.

wow if you want to pay 600 for 2 bumpers i would be more than happy to take 600 to paint 2 bumpers, i guess i give away my time!!! i would live on my own island if i made what you guys pay to get stuff done!

$150/per here in Mexicali.

@Jamie....this is a Bodyshop...you are NOT. Ofcourse you're going to be cheaper dude. :p

The only proper way to paint those covers is to strip them bare. Either chemicals or fine bead blast.
If there are any chips or deep scuffs, they will consider that "weird".

$300 is a scuff and paint type of job.

Well, I don't think they have any deep scuffs...

do all bumper require that, or are the MK8 bumpers "special"? :D

I had mine done for about $300, if I recall. But I took them off and delivered them myself.

Although as I'm sure some noticed at Carlisle, the paint is not a perfect match to the existing. (fading would account for some/all of the difference, I presume..) Still, it is a major improvement from the way they were previously.

I had mine done for about $300, if I recall. But I took them off and delivered them myself.

Although as I'm sure some noticed at Carlisle, the paint is not a perfect match to the existing. (fading would account for some/all of the difference, I presume..) Still, it is a major improvement from the way they were previously.

If they are on the car, a quality shop can do a better job because they can color match the actual paint rather than color match the paint code.

The bumpers can be off to color match, when they are on, they will/can blend in the bumpers to the fenders and hood.

My car was color matched to the fuel door, which they removed and had the color machine scan in.

qulity jobs lmao, i have seen quality jobs, there are probably 500 body shops in just my county, i can paint better out of my shop with some fans and wet floors than some of these quality shops! just because some places are big, or hold a highly respected name, doesnt mean they do nice work, dont think because you have your car at ford, or at cadillac, or dodge, that they will do nice work, i mean usually they do, but i have seen 2000 dollar paint jobs, and 600 dollar paint jobs, and i hate to say sometimes the cheap jobs are the better jobs!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm right there with you. My Mustang got rearended so the frame had to be straightened and dents removed and then I had them paint it yellow (I had already made the shaved handle kits and emblems). It cost me 2200 which I though was good.

just because some places are big, or hold a highly respected name, doesnt mean they do nice work, dont think because you have your car at ford, or at cadillac, or dodge, that they will do nice work

Maybe so, but if I'm unhappy I can get Cadillac to fix it... :D

Cadillac wants to make sure I'm happy, and that I keep buying Saxillacs... :p

When I brought the pearl red 98 to a "custom small shop" they caused more damage to the car through bad body work then the car was worth... and it took them 8 weeks... and in the end the police were involved, and it was just a big ass mess... :mad:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I wanna hear that story!!

Back