dead trunk and battery

jackofroses

Registered
hi ,

i had a 95 with issues (chipped windshield, bad window motors , shot steering column electronics , dents , paint, etc...)
it was on the road when i bought it , and still is to this day(daily driver)....
im head over heels in love with the car , in spite of its issues....

i like things that work right , and i figured after listing all the needed parts ,
that i might be better off buying another 95. i found another one that was reasonable and grabbed it..... its rear was doing the squat....i had an conversion kit installed , and now they both sit pretty.
the new car is almost road ready , but has another strange issue.

the trunk latch isnt working right at all.
the day i bought the car the trunk was stuck open (battery was up)
when i got it home , the latch worked fine (battery stayed up)
now since having the springs done the trunk catches , but wont draw tight...
and the battery keeps draining (im sure its related)....

any ideas?

Does the 'trunk open' warning lamp illuminate?

According to the wiring schematic, if the trunk pulldown doesn't work the interior trunk lamp circuit is live. That could be draining the battery and if the warning lamp is burnt out, you would not be aware of it.

nope no trunk open message ..... that could be it..... the trunk light is flickery at best

thanks ...i'll look into it tomorrow

Generally when you turn the ignition key to "on", all warning lamps should illuminate as a bulb test. I'm betting your 'trunk open' warning lamp is burnt out.

Usually you can disssemble and clean the trunk latch pull-down assembly and it will work again. I actually miss that feature on the Mark VIIIs.

Back