Carlisle Fever...

BadSax

enjoys 3 martini lunches
Ok, I have been suffering from full blown unadulterated Carlisle fever... :D

It has been like 3 weeks of thinking about Carlisle... or looking at my car, and then thinking about Carlisle... being back on the message board, and talking about Carlisle...

I've tried everything I can think of to cure myself...

I've tried drinking a lot, which makes me think of Carlisle... :D
I've tried not drinking... which makes me want to drink... which makes me think of Carlisle... :D

I don't know what to do...
I'm losing my Carlisle... did I say Carlisle? I meant mind... :D

:D -J

you either have to take your car to carlisle...

OR neel and pray in the direction of carlisle twice a day.
Once at VIII A.M and once at VIII P.M.

hope this helps.

There is one other cure for Carlisle fever, but it consists of nearly 5000 dragstrip passes.
Those passes kept me from missing carlisle, but now that my son is born my dragstrip time is severely hobbled..and I find myself thinking and praying towards Carlisle.

Oh woe is me

I am sure this time of year you can get good rates at the hotels there, why not just drive out there and drink :D

Will you be bringing your Mark VIII to Carlisle this year?:D

I would be just as surprised as you if that happened...
I think there is an equally good chance of having a different MK by them...

However I did figure out what the grinding noise from my drive train was... turned out that there is one small bracket that someone installed backwards, so I'm hoping that when I have a chance to get under the car and switch it around it will solve that problem.

you either have to take your car to carlisle...

OR neel and pray in the direction of carlisle twice a day.
Once at VIII A.M and once at VIII P.M.

hope this helps.

There is one other cure for Carlisle fever, but it consists of nearly 5000 dragstrip passes.
Those passes kept me from missing carlisle, but now that my son is born my dragstrip time is severely hobbled..and I find myself thinking and praying towards Carlisle.

Oh woe is me

I think asking me to be up at VIII AM is a lot, unless it is the result of not sleeping beforehand... :D

I am sure this time of year you can get good rates at the hotels there, why not just drive out there and drink :D

I have to drive almost right past the showfield every time I am going to or from JP's house...
It's funny you say that because I actually think about stopping every time I go by. (I secretly wonder if parking on the sidewalk is only an issue during show weekends...) :D

It's funny you say that because I actually think about stopping every time I go by. (I secretly wonder if parking on the sidewalk is only an issue during show weekends...) :D

Actually, being a "SHOW WEEKEND" is what keeps it from waking up in a jail cell!

I just went through all the pics I took last year... shouldn't have done it. Now I've got the fever too.
The car is in pieces in the shop so I can't even get a Mark VIII fix.:frown-blue:

I just went through all the pics I took last year... shouldn't have done it. Now I've got the fever too.
The car is in pieces in the shop so I can't even get a Mark VIII fix.:frown-blue:

I'll pick you up, we can take BadSaxillac and pretend it's a MK8...
for the 3rd year in a row... :rolleyes:

2360064690039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

Actually, being a "SHOW WEEKEND" is what keeps it from waking up in a jail cell!

I'm sure getting a pic with one of the cops didn't hurt either... :D

Attachments

• meandcop2.jpg
    meandcop2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
You can thank Tixer and Sarah for that. IIRC, I was about to go back to bed as I believe the weather was crappy and didn't expect anyone at the show that early, when we got the call that they were all alone on the show field. Since I had most of the food/drink, I figured I'd better get over there and drop it off.

And trust me, it's better that I'm alone that early in the morning. Wait, Joe, you know that, you've been here before. ;)

However I did figure out what the grinding noise from my drive train was... turned out that there is one small bracket that someone installed backwards, so I'm hoping that when I have a chance to get under the car and switch it around it will solve that problem.

It wasn't who I think it was, was it? :rolleyes: I still feel ashamed of referring you to that guy. He was a pretty stand-up guy up until then, then just turned on everyone. Literally EVERY mutual friend has told me he's turned his back on them or even screwed them over somehow. People piss me off sometimes.

Back