I love this car

MGRISHAM

Registered
Hi all,
This is my 4th Mark VIII. I've had 3 Gen 1's and 1 Gen 2. I don't know what it is but I really like the Gen 1 over the Gen 2. My latest one (purchased 04/11 in Ft Lauderdale Fl) is Opal Grey Pearlescent wtih a Navy carrage roof. I was not sure about the carrage roof at first but it grows on ya. Florida car from day one, with 109k on it. 1187 miles over two days to bring her home without a glitch, drove like a new Lincoln. I love the extra gadgets the Gen 2 has on it (mine was a 98 LSC) but the 3 Gen 1's I have had seem to be a better car. As you can read in How may Lincoln Ford Mercury thread I have had my fair share of them. The Mark VIII is the only one I can honestly say "I wish I could buy a new one, Why don't they make this car anymore?" I see why may of you have more than one Mark VIII, I think that will be my next path I will take, after all my dirveway will fit 8 cars not counting the 2 I can put in the garage.

I am debating on coming to Carlisle with her...I know I need to get going on the plans...but better late than never.

Finally, thanks for this great site, I have not been back to LOD since 03 when I was a member then when I had my 77 Lincoln Town Coupe (38K original miles) my how has your site grown.

Twist my arm

Twist my arm

OK Ok I just registered for Carlisle. Hope I did it right, could not find anything that directly said gate n go. When I was there in 03 I just registered the day I got there. Put me on the list I'll be there.

Back