Ok, the joke’s on me....

HOTLNC

Charter Member
Paid Member
I’ve replaced the rear air springs and the compressor and everything works great, up until this morning when the wife and I were going to car pool to work. The front would not air up. I could not get out of the garage, because the front was railed. It would pump until the “Check Air Ride Light” message happens and then it would quit pumping. So I turn off the motor and started it up again. Three times I did this and no go. The front end was slammed and the rear was ridding high. It was angled like a dragster.

So we transferred to the wife’s brick and headed out.

I come home with the time to search for the problem and it works fine. I turned the ignition key to on, but did not start the car. I turned off the radio and AC so that I could hear the air leak. The slammed front end rose up and was ready to go. No air leak. It’s fine

Yeah, good Monday morning joke, HOTLNC.

Any suggestions where I should look, guys?

Oh, and to make my Monday just perfect, guess which car’s alternator decided to go out? Yep, you guessed it – the Brick. I was driving to a local motel to pick up a vendor and the oil pressure gauge started alerting that it had no oil pressure! I shut down the motor and coasted to the motel. The oil level was fine. Must be a bad sensor.

So I pick the vendor up and we are driving in downtown traffic and the electronic gauges are barely visible. The oil pressures gauge starts beeping again. Now the motor is starting to run ragged. I barely made it to RadioShack’s parking lot on battery juice. It was interesting to note that the AC turned itself off, and all of the AC annunciators started flashing, all because of a dieing battery charge. But did the battery gauge warn me the alternator wasn’t working? Nope.

That alternator was all of 6 months old. So shinny and clean you could eat off of it. Love them forever warranties!

These cars are great practical jokers <sigh>.

RE: Ok, the joke’s on me....

I think your height sensor is shot. Same thing happened to my car.. front dropped wouldn't air up and it did all kinds of funny things.

Did you have to replace both sides? Is it wise to only replace one side?

Thanks. On order with Torrie. I hope to receive the sensors by Friday (I got both.)

Maybe you need to learn some new magic words? :+

I may need to find a salty Navy chief and take a refresher course.

That is more than likely true. But does the Navy give all of thier really powerful words to a Jarhead when first asked? Maybe I need to learn some old ones that would be new to me.

Back