X-pipe vs X-pipe resonator/muffler

beerdog

Registered
I still need ot research this a little, but would like to get some opinions on a pure X-pipe versus a resonator or muffler with an integral X-pipe?

i really like how the marks sound when you put the middle mufflers in them! i have cut open a couple of the x chamber mufflers and they flow well and there x chamber design does not hurt power. i think if a car had long tubes cats with resonators right behind them and then a middle muffler you could do side pipes and it would sound wicked.

Side Pipes on mArk! Would that be a first?

Right now I have '03 Cobra manifolds, no cats, and the the stock 3rd cat. I am thinking I will swap the 3rd cat with either a pure X-pipe or a X-piped mufler. It is only a $10 difference. I know someone who salvages cats and will give me $60 for that 3rd cat. Makes that X-pipe pretty cheap. Planning on doing the install at home. Thinking of going the rear muffler delete route also.

i really like how these cars sound with three mufflers but it is hard to say. i think that the setup i mentioned would be pretty killer... also side exit would be very cool, just drive to Miami and i will do it for you :) we can go boating in our spare time and hang out on the sand bar.

nope so should i get my spare room ready?

We do need to visit you, but I still insist there is no better sounding Lincoln than mine, with your setup and those tunable mufflers which have apparently rusted into the "open" position. :cool:

Back